Windows 10: Limited functionality of keyboard

Discus and support Limited functionality of keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings. I have a TOSHIBA laptop C859-B559. Prior to an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 the keyboard worked well. Sad to say That presently the numeric... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RAWLEFERGUSON, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Limited functionality of keyboard

Greetings. I have a TOSHIBA laptop C859-B559. Prior to an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 the keyboard worked well. Sad to say That presently the numeric stays on, only the 1234679 keys are working, some of the function keys are working and the majority of the alpha keys are not working. This leads me to be using an ext USB or the OSK which is cumbersome. I first realised the keyboard condition while entering my PIN, having "Incorrect PIN" error each time I resubmit the correct info. Upon checking, I saw that in striking one key e.g 3, four other characters will popup along with 3. Since then I have been attempting all so-called corrective measures on the internet but to no avail. I replaced the keyboard with a new one from the store but my woes continue. Uninstalling device, drivers via Device Manager is a waste of rime since "best" driver STANDARD P/S KEYBOARD is already installed; drivers version 10.0.18362.1 in year 2006 i8042prt.sys & kbdclass.sys and 19.4.3.38 for SynTP.sys. Looking forward for a true solution to this vexing problem. Shalom.

:)

RAWLEFERGUSON, Jan 29, 2020

2. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Limited functionality of keyboard

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Limited functionality of keyboard

1. Limited functionality of keyboard - Similar Threads - Limited functionality keyboard

2. Bluetooth keyboard pairing but not functionning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keyboard pairing but not functionning: Hi everyone ! Just bought a BT Keyboard for my Lenovo ideapad 100, running on Windows 10. While the keyboard works fine on my friend MAC connected, paired, a verification windows shows up, asks me to hit the good buttons on the keyboard, and I m on, I m experiencing...
  3. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and On screen keyboard not functioning (huge problem): 2 days ago my pc casually started to lag spike for 1 second every 5 seconds and then my keyboard couldnt type in settings bar but can type in for example google chrom bar, in game chat, apps such as steam chat, discord etc but not windows microsoft related bars where I cant...
  4. Keyboard Function Keys

Keyboard Function Keys: I would like to know if there is a way to make it so (for example) if I hit F2, it will actually do F2 instead of changing my screen brightness. I know you can do this by holding down FN, but I want to know if there is a way I can do that without holding down FN....
  5. No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop: Someone gave me a laptop to fix up. The exact model is the Toshiba Satellite P755-S5260. It's original operating system was Windows 7 but the owner upgraded it to Windows 10. I was able to get it working again by removing and reconnecting the battery and then using Reset this...
  6. Keyboard and functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and functions: The keyboard does not write in Windows 10, Text Services Framework is not running, please give me all available methods, thank you very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-functions/dbf385ca-801f-4c2a-8efa-7f8bc99b5df3
  7. Limited Functionality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Limited Functionality: Hi! Over the several days, my computer is running as well as it has in the past. I ran a troubleshooter for the network, but the result said that it couldn't identify the problem. I came across the "Fix network connection issues in Windows", and I tried the first option, but...
  8. Keyboard functioning itself

Keyboard functioning itself: Hi, I have a hp laptop. When i plugin external keyboard. Then it works properly. But after some time some keys functioning itself. It opens many apps itself like, calculator. I changes many keyboard but it did same thing. There have no keyboard problem. Keyboard functioning...
  9. Sculpt keyboard function keys

Sculpt keyboard function keys: Just got a sculpt keyboard and trying to get use to it, the first thing I wanted to do was mute the sound (blue function on F10) and I couldn't figure out what combination of keys got to that function. Couldn't find anything on the web that addressed this. Is there another...
  10. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

Intermittent keyboard non-functioning: I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem....