Windows 10: Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004

Discus and support Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/teiubesctare28 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teiubesctare28, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004

/u/teiubesctare28, Sep 21, 2020

2. 'No Internet Access' shown on WiFi - w10 2004

Hi,

I've had this problem before with wired networks, but I'm having this now on Wi-Fi on every laptop (HP) I've updated so far to 2004 build of Windows 10.

So I do have Internet access (I'm posting this now on the same PC), but WiFi shows 'No Internet, Secured'. This stops Microsoft 365 products working (Outlook at least) but Internet browsing works fine.

Networking reset doesn't fix this. No amount of resetting equipment fixes it (Reboot router, PC, forget network and re-join). This is a problem at work and at home - 2 different WiFi networks.

Any ideas? As I say, seems to be since going to 2004. Intel Wifi devices, in HP Probook 440 G5/G6 laptops. Numerous laptops effected.

Thanks, Alan

AThomp_briggs, Sep 21, 2020
  3. LVMan777 Win User
    WiFi and ethernet together

"...Theoretical speed versus actual speed

... Wi-Fi is very convenient, but it does not match the speed and reliability of wired Ethernet.

• ...though 802.11n can theoretically reach 300 Mb/s, a 100 Mb/s wired Ethernet connection will often outperform it in real-world usage, because wired Ethernet networks perform more closely to their theoretical limits and are less susceptible to outside influences..."
    • Transporter: Wi-Fi versus Ethernet performance

LVMan777, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004

No Internet Access (Ethernet)

Hi Franco,

I am running Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900).

I also did the steps that you told me to do and my ethernet is still not working.

I think it may be an issue with my PCs ethernet port.

Jeff MichelleDucharme, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004

1. Limited internet Access on both wifi and Ethernet - build W10 1909 and 2004 - Similar Threads - Limited internet Access

2. Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.: My both network connections are always showing 'LIMITED', even if connected with multiple different routers. I already restarted my pc many times, please help to to fix this....
  3. Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both type of Networks Wifi and ethernet connections are showing 'Limited'.: My both network connections are always showing 'LIMITED', even if connected with multiple different routers. I already restarted my pc many times, please help to to fix this....
  4. 'No Internet Access' shown on WiFi - w10 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'No Internet Access' shown on WiFi - w10 2004: Hi, I've had this problem before with wired networks, but I'm having this now on Wi-Fi on every laptop HP I've updated so far to 2004 build of Windows 10. So I do have Internet access I'm posting this now on the same PC, but WiFi shows 'No Internet, Secured'. This stops...
  5. W10 1909 Build 18363.720

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1909 Build 18363.720: I learned long ago that using: Create a system image is safer than allowing Windows to setup the backup. These days though, when I use Disk Cleanup to remove previous backups on my second internal backup drive, it breaks the older backup. When trying to create a new System...
  6. W10 1909 Ethernet Connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 1909 Ethernet Connection: Hey! This morning the update 1909 was installed on my computer while I was at work. I do no longer have any ethernet connection and have currently a significantly reduced WI-FI speed, had to move my router inches away for it to be enough for regular surfing. Updated my...
  7. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  8. Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.

Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.: First, Sorry about my English. I have a question. I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please...
  9. Limited WiFi and ethernet

Limited WiFi and ethernet: I upgraded to Widows 10 some weeks ago from Win 7. All has been fine, however this morning my WiFi stopped working saying "limited connection". It also says the same thing when using Ethernet. Both say they are limited. I've ruled out problems with my router and I've upgraded...
  10. "No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless

"No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 and suddenly today I lost all internet access. Whether I'm connected through wireless or through an Ethernet cable, I'm consistently getting the little yellow triangle and "identifying, no internet access". Troubleshooting gives me...