Windows 10: limited internet access ,other devices work fine

Discus and support limited internet access ,other devices work fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I installed Windows 10 I've had worsening WiFi issues The most recent being the internet not Peking every few minutes because "limited internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maialgendy, Jul 29, 2019.

1. limited internet access ,other devices work fine

Since I installed Windows 10 I've had worsening WiFi issues

The most recent being the internet not Peking every few minutes because "limited internet access"

The router works fine with everyone else

I tried updating the driver and can't roll it back

Flushing the DNS cache

Restarting the laptop ,and restarting the adapter when the troubleshooter is used (only fixes the issue for a few more minutes)

The adapter is a Qualcomm atherrous

I don't know the number cause I'm not writing this on my laptop cause it kept ruining the post by disconnecting ,so please excuse me

(It could be a956x CVor something really similar based on memory )

Any help ?

:)

maialgendy, Jul 29, 2019

2. Limited internet access.

After I upgraded to Windows 10 my internet access is only limited. How do I restore full functionality? Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

BlakeRSwain, Jul 29, 2019
  3. megasprit Win User
    Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

Short description: If I run slmgr -ato when using a direct connection to the internet the device is activated, if doing the same from the network with limited internet access activation fails.

What sites/urls/ports must I allow to be able to activate Windows from our limited access network?

In a lab at work we reinstall all our Windows 10 machines using a custom image that contain all our apps and settings.
    All devices are manufactured by Dell.
    The lab have a very very limited connection to the internet allowing only a handful of sites on the internet.
    I did find some knowledge (links below) and allowed all those sites for http 80 and https 443 but activation still does no work.

If I connect the same device directly on the internet and run slmgr -ato activation is successful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...(v=technet.10)
    httpsa://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/921471/windows-activation-or-validation-fails-with-error-code-0x8004fe33

We allow per host using pfsense, so urls are not used, it's the actual hostnames like go.microsoft.com
    The lab is portable and also split in many parts and locations, this one lab is the main location and from here devices are shipped to other labs as needed, in many cases in location where the internet or anything else does not exist, like the arctic...

My guess is that one or more of the hosts redirect to somewhere that is not in the list - thus making the list or required hosts are incomplete.
    I have tried to allow all protocols and not just HTTP and HTTPS and makes no differance.

megasprit, Jul 29, 2019
  4. OhDale Win User

limited internet access ,other devices work fine

Internet keeps switching to "limited access"

I switched over from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday, and all around I'm really enjoying it however I lose internet access and it switches to "limited access" every 10-15 minutes. Every other device connected to the internet is working perfectly fine and
    I have never had this problem before.

What should I do to try to troubleshoot/fix this problem?

OhDale, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

limited internet access ,other devices work fine

1. limited internet access ,other devices work fine - Similar Threads - limited internet access

2. Windows shows no internet access but my internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shows no internet access but my internet is working fine.: hello,after upgrade to 21H1, my internet shows like a world, it says no internet access, but it can be access internet, only O365 production impacted.any idea for this?i have tried, but it didn't work set...
  3. No internet access but works perfectly fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access but works perfectly fine.: [ATTACH] No internet access but works perfectly fine for everything but windows apps. I think some other people are getting this as well. I've tried every fix i have found on the internet and none have worked. It is my desktop only in my house that has the issue. I can...
  4. "No Internet Access, Secured", but Internet works fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No Internet Access, Secured", but Internet works fine: Hi, I'm new here. Recently, my computer's wi-fi has been acting up, and I don't know what's wrong with it. It can connect to wireless networks just fine --and I can browse the internet with it-- but it keeps showing that there's "no Internet access". This wouldn't be a...
  5. No internet access email, browser, and other services but Network works fine

No internet access email, browser, and other services but Network works fine: Hi, We have a problem in Windows 10 since 2 days ago. SOME computers loss internet access after 15 minutes running. don´t loss network connection, only internet access Happens with desktops and laptops, even with different networks, software, domains... happens with...
  6. INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS

INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS: Hello, Good Day! My WiFi works fine .When I connect my WiFi it to laptop , it gets connected but it shows no internet access . But internet works. I can browse google, play games and watch videos in youtube and stream netflix in my laptop. Network icon shows no internet....
  7. No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.

No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.: Hello, I've been having this problem for about a week. Our router has been recently changed in our house, same supplier Sky, and, for some reason, my laptop won't agree with it in the slightest. It's new, bought near Christmas, and is the Acer Aspire 7. Ever since we have...
  8. Internet not working on computer, fine on other devices.

Internet not working on computer, fine on other devices.: Hi, my internets cinternets completely stopped working on my computer despite the computer displaying it as strong, in addition it is working fine on my tablet. I have tried everythingcocould could find and nothings working....
  9. Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices): So it just happens 100% random out of no where and I get this error: (note i ripped this image off google but this is the exact thing that happens) [img] so I found TWO temporary fixes. One: unplug router / modem for 10 sec and replug Two: Go to the network...
  10. Limited internet access but not

Limited internet access but not: Hi Guys, I'm having a look at my brother in laws computer which is windows 10 and I am coming up with a doozy of an issue for someone of my level. So he was unable to run Fifa15 and discovered that you need windows media player to run it. When using the add windows...