Windows 10: Limited SSD space.

Discus and support Limited SSD space. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a safe method of moving windows components from an SSD to an external hard drive in order to save space?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeTurnbull_NE, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Limited SSD space.

Is there a safe method of moving windows components from an SSD to an external hard drive in order to save space?

:)

GeorgeTurnbull_NE, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Perseides Win User

Updating to WIndows 10 in limited SSD space.

Hello, need some advice on how to update a windows 7 to 10 on a Intel NUC with only 32gb of mSATA of SSD. The effective memory space of the SSD is about 28gb. I do have an USB external HDD which I use as a bootup disc/installer, but the limited SSD space in the NUC is a challenge.

Is there any suggestion on what is the best way to proceed? How much space do I have to free up in the old Windows 7 so the installation will proceed properly??

Perseides, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Low Disk Space error

I appreciate the effort, but I have followed all the steps suggested & the problem is not resolved. How can I do the anniversary update with a USB stick. (I have an SSD laptop with limited space & I
    have no games installed).

PaulaBryder, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Limited SSD space.

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Limited SSD space.

1. Limited SSD space. - Similar Threads - Limited SSD space

2. SSD space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD space: My ssd of 120GB in which I have my windows installed and some other programs too has a size of 81GBs filled in it, which means that I will have 30GB+ free space in my ssd but it shows that I have 9 GBs of free space only, why so?...
  3. SSD space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD space: My ssd of 120GB in which I have my windows installed and some other programs too has a size of 81GBs filled in it, which means that I will have 30GB+ free space in my ssd but it shows that I have 9 GBs of free space only, why so?...
  4. SSD space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ssd capacity limitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd capacity limitation: Just bought Lenovo Legion S7 512GB with Win11 Home. I tried to upgrade ssd to 2TB in one slot. But the system saw only 1TB. So I upgraded my laptop with two ssd drives 1TB each. And this is the maximum for my machine. Where is the problem with bigger drives? The drives I use...
  6. Ssd capacity limitation

Ssd capacity limitation: Just bought Lenovo Legion S7 512GB with Win11 Home. I tried to upgrade ssd to 2TB in one slot. But the system saw only 1TB. So I upgraded my laptop with two ssd drives 1TB each. And this is the maximum for my machine. Where is the problem with bigger drives? The drives I use...
  7. LIMITED HARD DISC SPACE

LIMITED HARD DISC SPACE: With limited hard drive space I want move Windows 10 OS files. I did not know I had limited space and I have no space for pictures, etc. I have an external disc drive and USB thump drives and I would like to use the external disc drive to keep all files other than updates...
  8. Updating to WIndows 10 in limited SSD space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to WIndows 10 in limited SSD space.: Hello, need some advice on how to update a windows 7 to 10 on a Intel NUC with only 32gb of mSATA of SSD. The effective memory space of the SSD is about 28gb. I do have an USB external HDD which I use as a bootup disc/installer, but the limited SSD space in the NUC is a...
  9. OneDrive space limit change

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive space limit change: I just received an e-mail from email.office.com stating that the current 15 GB data size limit of OneDrive space available to those that migrated to Win10 is going to be cut down to 5 GB in few weeks. Because OneDrive was basically the major reason I decided to migrate and...
  10. Vanishing SSD Space ... :\

in Windows 10 Support
    Vanishing SSD Space ... :\: What ? About a week ago I had 55 GB free. Now I only have 27. Why ? My downloads folder is clean. So is my trash folder. If I right-click everything (including hidden files) in the C: drive, it says 62 GB. If I right-click the whole drive, it says 84 GB used. It doesn't make...