Windows 10: limited TOUCHPAD settings

Discus and support limited TOUCHPAD settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow the touchpad has become limited to single click and basic cursor only. Non of the gestures work, 2 or 3 fingered, and the only available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brucelloyd1, Dec 16, 2018.

1. limited TOUCHPAD settings

Somehow the touchpad has become limited to single click and basic cursor only. Non of the gestures work, 2 or 3 fingered, and the only available settings in Touchpad settings are 'sensitivity'. Clearly the setting have de-activated somehow. How do I recover full capability????

:)

brucelloyd1, Dec 16, 2018

2. precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 16, 2018
  4. nxavis9 Win User

limited TOUCHPAD settings

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

limited TOUCHPAD settings

1. limited TOUCHPAD settings - Similar Threads - limited TOUCHPAD settings

2. TouchPad settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TouchPad settings: So lately I had to rollback my synaptic TouchPad to hid complaint mouse, I just wanna know is it possible to configure your TouchPad settings where your able tto use it on the mouse driver your currently using? For example: Joe changes from synaptic TouchPad to hid complaint...
  3. TouchPad settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    TouchPad settings: So lately I had to rollback my synaptic TouchPad to hid complaint mouse, I just wanna know is it possible to configure your TouchPad settings where your able tto use it on the mouse driver your currently using? For example: Joe changes from synaptic TouchPad to hid complaint...
  4. Limited Settings

Limited Settings: Heya! For about approx. 7-9 months since around January, my computer has had limited settings. I'm not sure how to disable this. There is no part saying there is administrative control over my computer settings, and can still see the missing settings in Cortana search,...
  5. Limited settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited settings: I have a problem with my network adapter's advanced properties. I was forced to reset my computer due to an error related to my ram, ever since the advanced tab had less settings then before I reset. I checked if it needed to be updated and disabled other network adapters but...
  6. Touchpad settings

Touchpad settings: [ATTACH]After I updated my laptop to the latest 1903 version, my touchpad settings lost its gesture settings. How can I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-settings/65f44ef4-4972-4823-84a5-14bc7db4fe91
  7. TouchPad settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TouchPad settings: I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable. There is no way to reverse the scrolling on the touchpad after a Windows 10 update. Why? I've looked at various forums and nothing answers how to reverse the scrolling on the touchhpad. I don't understand refusing users the most basic...
  8. Touchpad settings

Touchpad settings: touchpad gestures like two fingers scroll stopped working. I don't find settings to make this work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-settings/c5eb6d4e-00bd-49f5-9b7f-fffc5f2887a9
  9. Touchpad in settings

Touchpad in settings: Can anyone tell me how to turn the touchpad off in windows 10. With my latest laptop it is driving me crazy. Have never had this problem before. I went from a win7 computer that behaved nicely in that respect but with this computer and win 10 every time I try to type on the...
  10. touchpad settings

touchpad settings: updated from 7 to 10 and works good so far, changed settings in touchpad and hit apply but when I shutdown and startup the touchpad settings have defaulted back to the factory settings. how do I stop this default to factory settings? 11013