Windows 10: Limiting 3rd party programs, apps, and folders on Windows 10

Discus and support Limiting 3rd party programs, apps, and folders on Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created a windows account for my child. I set up all the limits for Microsoft apps and time limits. My son is 7. When I log into his account, I see... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EdBoylan, Apr 28, 2020.

1. EdBoylan Win User

Limiting 3rd party programs, apps, and folders on Windows 10

I created a windows account for my child. I set up all the limits for Microsoft apps and time limits. My son is 7. When I log into his account, I see that he has access to all of our hard drives, all applications like Norton, Adobe, etc. I only want him to be able to access the internet for his school work, a few office applications and a couple of other 3rd party applications, as well as a personal folder for his files. How do I do this????

:)

EdBoylan, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Windows Defender

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Apr 28, 2020
  4. mic1217 Win User

3rd party AV program

I'm trying to turn-on Windows Defender and I receive a message to uninstall 3rd party AV program. How do I identify the 3rd party AV program
    installed?

mic1217, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Limiting 3rd party programs, apps, and folders on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Limiting 3rd party

2. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  3. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  4. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  5. vetted 3rd party apps

vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  6. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cleaning 3rd party app garbage from Windows Apps folder

Cleaning 3rd party app garbage from Windows Apps folder: Running Windows 10 Version 20H2 I have never used or installed the redlined apps here but they appear in WindowsApps folder. They are not present on my computer so I cannot "Uninstall" them. [img] How can I get rid of these folders? 1) Professionalsoft pdf professional -...
  8. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  9. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will hold (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did...
  10. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this?...