Windows 10: Limiting applications that are on user accounts

Discus and support Limiting applications that are on user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joe_824, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Joe_824 Win User

Limiting applications that are on user accounts

I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account is a Microsoft account and my user accounts are local. I just tried adding a user account but when I logged in, it looked like the computer had reverted to all of the factory settings, all of the apps I uninstalled were back and everything looked like it had just started over.

:)

Joe_824, Sep 22, 2018

2. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Limiting applications that are on user accounts

User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Limiting applications that are on user accounts

1. Limiting applications that are on user accounts - Similar Threads - Limiting applications are

2. Applications are not terminated after the time limit of my children’s accounts on Windows10.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Applications are not terminated after the time limit of my children’s accounts on Windows10.: Hi. I made my children’s Windows accounts for their safe using internet. Then I set up the time limit for their accounts. The problem is that the applications like youtube are still alive on the background, after the screen is turned off already. You can just think of ‘Black...
  3. Limit applications available to child family account on Windows 10 PC

Limit applications available to child family account on Windows 10 PC: I created a user account for a child with Microsoft Family. The start menu of the child account appears to show all of the applications installed on my computer. I want to limit the applications visible and available to the child account. I'd like to create a very simple...
  4. Creating a new local user account with limited rights

Creating a new local user account with limited rights: My computer has C and D drive. Is it possible to create a new local user account which has an entire new desktop to itself and has no access to C & D drive ? Currently, the new local user account I created still has access to quite a number of programs. Is this because...
  5. User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User accounts with limited permission for public gaming events: Hi there, I'm writing here in a time of great need. I work for a company which manages couple of gaming events around our country.We have some stands which are pretty much an add for our partners with PCs sent by them.Usually,they are just setup in a back-to-back or "LAN...
  6. Application not accessible from all user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application not accessible from all user accounts: I downloaded and installed several applications on my new Dell Windows 10 desktop PC. On it, there is one Admin account and three user accounts: J, E, and V. Installations were done using the Admin account. All the applications are accessible from all the accounts except...
  7. Limit users to their home folder

Limit users to their home folder: Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on). I checked with Group...
  8. Windows 10: How change account from admin into limited user account?

Windows 10: How change account from admin into limited user account?: Hello everybody, I have realized that all the laptops I installed Windows 10 in the last year (several family laptops) are running with Microsoft-Accounts which are Admin-Accounts. Now I read that this is a serious security issue. I would like to change these...
  9. Limit RDP users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limit RDP users: Hello, I have a small bussiness with around the 7 workers, each of them have accses to the Windows 10 RDP, but now i want to limit the accses to some programes on the computer, can i do it? 49159
  10. Limited connected users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited connected users: Does anyone know how many users are allowed to connect at the same time to network? Win 7 allows only 20. What about Win 10?? 40644