Windows 10: Limiting Function Keys

Discus and support Limiting Function Keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My FN (Function) Keys are controlling my master volume, instead of the media playing (on YouTube). Is there a way to limit them to only control the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qEclipse, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Limiting Function Keys

My FN (Function) Keys are controlling my master volume, instead of the media playing (on YouTube). Is there a way to limit them to only control the current media playing? The pause and play function only control YouTube, which is good, but I can't seem to control it alone with the volume function keys. It controls my main audio device.

submitted by /u/qEclipse
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qEclipse, Jan 26, 2021

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Limiting Function Keys

Inverting Function Keys

Hi Daeri,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to use function keys using on screen keyboard?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to try using on screen keyboard and check if you are able to use the functionality of function key.

To open on screen keyboard, type on screen keyboard in the
    search box on the taskbar and select on screen keyboard.

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Limiting Function Keys

1. Limiting Function Keys - Similar Threads - Limiting Function Keys

2. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  3. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  4. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to uninstall an App with limited functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall an App with limited functionality: The Your Phone app is of little use for Windows users with Apple devices. I recognise that this is primarily down to the way Apple lock down their environment and in particular iOS so is not the fault of Microsoft itself.However as a significant user base can't make use of...
  6. Limited functionality of keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limited functionality of keyboard: Greetings. I have a TOSHIBA laptop C859-B559. Prior to an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 the keyboard worked well. Sad to say That presently the numeric stays on, only the 1234679 keys are working, some of the function keys are working and the majority of the alpha keys are...
  7. Function keys

Function keys: I have the Microsoft bluetooth keyboards and would like to be able to use the function keys like a normal keyboard. How can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/95b2359d-6356-490f-a73a-06783cea15a2
  8. Limited Functionality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Limited Functionality: Hi! Over the several days, my computer is running as well as it has in the past. I ran a troubleshooter for the network, but the result said that it couldn't identify the problem. I came across the "Fix network connection issues in Windows", and I tried the first option, but...
  9. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327