Windows 10: Limiting Resolution

Discus and support Limiting Resolution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am fully aware that I can change the screen resolution from the settings. What I need to know is if I reduce the resolution will the overall inward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DLL_2A, Mar 1, 2021.

1. DLL_2A Win User

Limiting Resolution

I am fully aware that I can change the screen resolution from the settings. What I need to know is if I reduce the resolution will the overall inward data be limited to that rate or not. The issue that concerns me is that some TV streaming providers offer a selectable resolution SD or HD while some just adapt to the total connection infrastructure capability and default to best. When I am in remote areas the only connection available to me is 4G which can sustain HD but at a horrendous cost. I therefore prefer the SD variant.

Can the operating system deliberately reduce the data rate and so force the provider to do the same?. This is purely an issue of connection economics.

:)

DLL_2A, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Limiting Resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Limiting Resolution

1. Limiting Resolution - Similar Threads - Limiting Resolution

2. Resolution limited after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resolution limited after Win 10 Update: Hi people,after my last windows update on Thursday, i am only able to select a Diplay resolution of 1024x768 and 800x600.I already tried:-rebooting-forcing a grapics driver update-reinstalling the graphics-drivers both via GEForceExperience and manually-looking at the...
  3. Resolution limited after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution limited after Win 10 Update: Hi people,after my last windows update on Thursday, i am only able to select a Diplay resolution of 1024x768 and 800x600.I already tried:-rebooting-forcing a grapics driver update-reinstalling the graphics-drivers both via GEForceExperience and manually-looking at the...
  4. Resolution limited after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is the Horizontal Pixels Resolution Limit for Windows 10, Does it support 16000 pixels...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Horizontal Pixels Resolution Limit for Windows 10, Does it support 16000 pixels...: What is the Horizontal Pixels Resolution Limit for Windows 10, Does it support 16000 pixels Horizontaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-horizontal-pixels-resolution-limit-for/5f65b46e-94c7-400f-b223-fb6ba31208c7
  6. What is the Horizontal Pixels Resolution Limit for Windows 10, Does it support 16000 pixels...

What is the Horizontal Pixels Resolution Limit for Windows 10, Does it support 16000 pixels...: What is the Horizontal Pixels Resolution Limit for Windows 10, Does it support 16000 pixels Horizontaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-horizontal-pixels-resolution-limit-for/5f65b46e-94c7-400f-b223-fb6ba31208c7
  7. What is the Horizontal Pixels Resolution Limit for Windows 10, Does it support 16000 pixels...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update: I just built a new computer with an rtx 3060. I installed the newest driver and it screwed up my resolution. I’m now limited to two options only for resolution and both are incorrect sizes. I’ve tried everything to fix it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers...
  9. Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update: I just built a new computer with an rtx 3060. I installed the newest driver and it screwed up my resolution. I’m now limited to two options only for resolution and both are incorrect sizes. I’ve tried everything to fix it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers...
  10. Limited to Resolution after Nvidia Graphics update