Windows 10: Limiting WiFi Networks

Discus and support Limiting WiFi Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I stop my neighbours' WiFi networks appearing in my list of available networks ? Whenever my network drops out and I click on the WiFi icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarneyHarper, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Limiting WiFi Networks

How do I stop my neighbours' WiFi networks appearing in my list of available networks ?

Whenever my network drops out and I click on the WiFi icon in my system tray to re-connect I get 5 or more networks that aren't mine. I would like to stop this happening

I am running WINDOWS 10 all latest updates

Thanks

:)

BarneyHarper, Mar 28, 2020

2. Limited WiFi Connection

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my internet connection is limited for my WiFi.

When i try connect to my modem i just get limited connection but when I use my mobile phone hotspot it works just fine.

I have tried the following;

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note: You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

1. On the Start search box, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then clickRun as administrator.

2. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt--

AND

I would suggest you to update the drivers for the network adapter.

Steps update the drivers for the network adapter.

Refer the following steps.

• Click Start and type devmgmt.msc, and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

b) Expand Network Adapter.

c) Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer. Windows should now install the drivers itself.

e) Update the drivers in the same way but by selecting Update driver.
    AND

Flushed and Renewed DNS

AND

Disabled DNS Server on my router

RobertPriest, Mar 28, 2020
  3. windows 10 wifi networks list appears beyond the upper limit of the screen.

in windows 10, every time i click the wifi icon in the taskbar, the wifi networks list appear but every time there's networks names that is listed but not appear as it present beyond the upper limit of the screen and i must decrease the font size of the
    list by zooming out by 2 fingers to make the hidden networks names come down and see it. but sometimes also, when there's so many networks ,it become impossible to make these networks names come down. what's the solution?

Original title: ---windows 10 wifi networks list---

Hisham M. Zaki, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Limiting WiFi Networks

WiFi windows 10 limited, no internet connection

Hi,

Based on the connection status that you received, most likely your computer did not receive a valid IP address from your WiFi network. It could be that a static IP address was assigned or an Invalid IP address was received. For us to determine why your new
    notebook is getting a limited connection, we suggest checking its IP settings. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt window, type in ipconfig/all, then hit
      Enter.

Please take a screenshot of the result so we can have a closer look at it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Limiting WiFi Networks

1. Limiting WiFi Networks - Similar Threads - Limiting WiFi Networks

2. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks: Im facing wifi speed limitations for 2 wifi networks,the speed is capped to 170KB/s ~1.5Mb/s for both, My phone's hotspot~30Mbps and Fiber250Mbps, Using a IntelR Wireless-AC 9461 - Driver Ver 22.230.0.8, Changing the wifi protocols and bands doesnt help, this only happends...
  3. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks: Im facing wifi speed limitations for 2 wifi networks,the speed is capped to 170KB/s ~1.5Mb/s for both, My phone's hotspot~30Mbps and Fiber250Mbps, Using a IntelR Wireless-AC 9461 - Driver Ver 22.230.0.8, Changing the wifi protocols and bands doesnt help, this only happends...
  4. How to fix limited sign on wifi network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix limited sign on wifi network?: Whenever i tried to connect my wifi netwrok via hotspot or other medium it shows limited sign below my wifi network after using for a while. If anyone knows about it how to fix this it will be realy helpful. I tried it google it, troubleshooting it and watch couple of videos...
  5. How to fix limited sign on wifi network?

How to fix limited sign on wifi network?: Whenever i tried to connect my wifi netwrok via hotspot or other medium it shows limited sign below my wifi network after using for a while. If anyone knows about it how to fix this it will be realy helpful. I tried it google it, troubleshooting it and watch couple of videos...
  6. How to fix limited sign on wifi network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix limited sign on wifi network?: Whenever i try to use wifi via moblie hotspot or other medium after the connectivity of wifi it shows limed ablow the wifi netwtork. I tried to google it, troubleshoot it and watch couple of videos but it doesn't work. If anyone know how can I fix this, please let me know....
  7. How to fix limited sign on wifi network?

How to fix limited sign on wifi network?: Whenever i try to use wifi via moblie hotspot or other medium after the connectivity of wifi it shows limed ablow the wifi netwtork. I tried to google it, troubleshoot it and watch couple of videos but it doesn't work. If anyone know how can I fix this, please let me know....
  8. Windows 8.1 Limited wifi, no network connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 8.1 Limited wifi, no network connection: I have an Windows 8.1 32 bit, It is freshly installed on a acer laptop (old), wifi was working before, but now just connects to a network says limted and also no internet access, I used lan cable to access the internet.I installed driverpack online and tried to change the...
  9. Limited WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited WIFI connection: Hi, I am having an issue connecting my laptop to my WiFi. Other devices can connect to the WiFi so there are no issues with the router itself. I have been previously connected to this router on my laptop and issues started when we used an extender alongside this router....
  10. Limited WiFi and ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited WiFi and ethernet: I upgraded to Widows 10 some weeks ago from Win 7. All has been fine, however this morning my WiFi stopped working saying "limited connection". It also says the same thing when using Ethernet. Both say they are limited. I've ruled out problems with my router and I've upgraded...