Windows 10: Line 6 POD Studio UX2 - Current Drivers Do Not Work With Win 10

Discus and support Line 6 POD Studio UX2 - Current Drivers Do Not Work With Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This isn't a request for help just a heads-up. The Line 6 POD Studio UX2 audio interface does not work with Windows 10. The latest available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nus, Jul 19, 2015.

1. NUS
    Nus Win User

Line 6 POD Studio UX2 - Current Drivers Do Not Work With Win 10

This isn't a request for help just a heads-up.

The Line 6 POD Studio UX2 audio interface does not work with Windows 10.

The latest available version of the driver is 4.2.7.1 and it hails from 2013.

Despite being listed for Windows 10 in the Line 6 download section it does not allow the device to function. Neither do previous versions of the driver.

The UX2 will appear to install correctly and appears to be fine in Device Manager and the Control Panel Sound & Line 6 applets. However when you try and use it is non-functional. No one has managed to get the UX2 to work in Windows 10.

So, if you need to use the UX2, don't install Windows 10 until Line 6 release a confirmed working driver.

:)

2. Cortana not working with my audio interface, Line 6 UX2

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to use Cortana for all it offers. I use my PC as a home recording studio and run all audio through a Line 6 UX2 interface. I have set the input and recording defaults in the Sounds menu to this device and
    Cortana still does not hear it. Any insights, hints or clues would be appreciated.

RobertLee54, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Re. Windows 10 - iTunes Won't Play Songs & External Speakers Don't Work

Had the same problem because of mismatching audio outputs.

This is how i fixed the iTunes through the UX2 in windows 10 issue.

Playback devices > UX2 Properties > Advanced

(found by right clicking on the speaker icon on the task bar (usually bottom left)

set the default format to "16 bit 48000 Hz DVD Quality"

Then go to iTunes >edit >preferences >playback

set to the same: Direct sound, 48 kHz, 16 bit

Now my iTunes plays through the UX2 headphones.

(This seems to only work if you open iTunes first play a song and then use pod farm rather than start up PodFarm then iTunes... )

Rob-a-smart, Jul 19, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Update:

4.2.7.1 drivers are partially working with 10240 64bit and all updates.

WDM, ASIO & WASAPI drivers are fully functional within DAWs. Direct X & Wave Out drivers are not.

Generic Windows sound system output only works on 16bit 48000Hz setting. Input is still non-functional.

5. fireberd Win User
    Just for info, My Roland Edirol PCR 500 MIDI keyboard will not install on Win 10, but works perfectly on Win 7 and Win 8.1.

I have POD Farm 2, I hope it works when I upgrade 8.1 to Win 10. The Get Windows 10 app does not flag any software as incompatible. (I have a Sonar Platinum recording studio).

All my other recording hardware, including a Roland Studio-Capture work OK in Win 10.

fireberd, Jul 26, 2015
  6. NUS
    Nus Win User
    POD Farm 2.5 VST, and stand alone app, seem to be working OK with the UX2.

7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Update:

Input is now working with generic Windows sound system on Windows 10 Pro 64bit Official Release.

8. Dywas Win User

Not working here. UX2 and W10 Pro 64bit Official Release as well..

Playback works fine at 16b/48kHz, Input just won't work outside ASIO/WASAPI exclusive mode (haven't tried WDM, but since I'm trying to get Open Broadcaster Software and Skype to work with the input for streaming purposes my priorities lie elsewhere).

Tried everything I could think of so far, any ideas appreciated.

Dywas, Jul 29, 2015
  9. NUS
    Nus Win User
    In the Control Panel Sound I've got the UX2 set to default device and default communication device and recording format set to 16bit 48000Hz.

Also check the Line 6 Control Panel applet has input set to what you are using.

10. Dywas Win User
    I've tried that, sadly it doesn't work. Input's set to mic1, the meters on the UX2 pick up the mic just fine if I have them set to Input or on the Send channels.. but it just gets messy at some point and it doesn't light up the bars on the Control Panel Sound options or on the apps I'm trying to use the microphone with (OBS being the most important here).

I can use Mumble in WASAPI, haven't tried Skype yet but I'm guessing it's going to fail.

I'll retry installing the drivers and checking permissions as some of the other stuff I've tried to run in w10 that failed boiled down to silly permissions issues. Would be greaaat if it were that.

Dywas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Line 6 POD Studio UX2 - Current Drivers Do Not Work With Win 10 - Similar Threads - Line POD Studio

2. Lifecam Studio Flicker, Horizontal Lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lifecam Studio Flicker, Horizontal Lines: Just got a Lifecam Studio camera. it has bad flicker/jitter and the horizontal lines that pop across the screen. It doesn't matter what app i use Camera, Teams, Zoom, etc.... or PC. the results are the same. So given that, it seems it really is a camera issue. Any ideas?...
  3. Surface Studio (1st Gen) drivers and firmware for Windows 10 - May 6

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Studio (1st Gen) drivers and firmware for Windows 10 - May 6: Improvements and fixes in the update May 2021 updates May 06 release The following updates are available for Surface Studio (1st Gen) devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater. Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Version and Update...
  4. Webcam Driver Not Working in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam Driver Not Working in Win 10: usually i dont use reddit, but now it might be the time to use it. so idk why, i was going to online class and my Webcam Stop Working. i thought i just have to replug the cable but nooo it didnt work, and then checked the device, and one of the Driver "AC Interface" got that...
  5. Dell Studio One 19 1909 WebCam Drivers for Win 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Studio One 19 1909 WebCam Drivers for Win 10...: Windows Pro 64-bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) I upgraded this Dell Studio One 19 1909 from Vista to Win 10. Afterwards, no camera or mic is detected. There is a USB error in Dev Mgr but I don't know if that is the C&M problem or something else entirely. The DevMgr...
  6. Line6 UX2 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Line6 UX2 and Windows 10: Hey, I have a xlr mic going through ux2 and everytime i turn on my pc (from shutdown) i get no input signal.. I have to go to line 6 input settings and toggle mic 2 then back to mic 1 and it starts picking up signal again.. Any idea what's wrong? Sleep mode works fine.....
  7. Adding Current drivers to Win PE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Adding Current drivers to Win PE: I currently have the following (Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk) on a USB which I plan to use if I ever need to restore my macrium backups. It does not work with my wlan or touchpad though. I know I can manually add in the drivers to the image but is there an...
  8. PoD attacks

in Windows 10 Customization
    PoD attacks: Hello there! I recently found out by some post on Bing that you could actually launch a PoDPing of Death attack against someone else. I haven't launched one because I like to stay out of prison, but I would like to know why Microsoft put this in their program. Testing...
  9. How do i update to current build for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i update to current build for Win 10?: Currently have build 18363.592. Current build on other computer is18363.628. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-to-current-build-for-win-10/ea2e3d11-5571-49b0-8b8e-0c9e8a67c80f
  10. Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working: Good Day. I have upgraded my old Dell Studio 540 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything seems to be working fine except the keyboard no longer works. In Device Manager the keyboard is now "Unknown Device" and automated device driver update attempted to install Pluralinput Keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. line 6 ux2 microphone input not working

2. microphone ux2 drivers install

3. line 6 ux2 driver

4. my ux2 stopped working,
  5. line 6 ux2 drivers windows 10,
  6. pod studio ux2 drivers win10,
  7. line 6 ux2 driver windows 10,
  8. ux2 audio interface drivers WINDOWS 10,
  9. line 6 was does the driver do,
  10. line 6 ux2 driver issue,
  11. line 6 ux2 windows 10 not working,