Windows 10: Line by line diff (file comparison) with HTML/RTF export

Discus and support Line by line diff (file comparison) with HTML/RTF export in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone Can anyone recommend a program that can compare two text files, line by line, and output the difference (preferably character... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ugcheleuce, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Line by line diff (file comparison) with HTML/RTF export

Hello everyone

Can anyone recommend a program that can compare two text files, line by line, and output the difference (preferably character differences) to a format that can be opened in MS Word, e.g. DOC, RTF or HTML? I need a tool that will compare each line from file 1 with the same line from file 2. The differences should be highlighted or should be displayed as strike-through/underline.

I have WinMerge on my computer, but WinMerge is trying to be clever and assumes that lines were deleted in the files, so at some point it no longer compares line n in the one file with line n in the other file.

There are some online tools that actually work quite well, but I can only view the results on line (can't save it).

I know I can do "compare documents" in MS Word, but even MS Word sometimes tries to be clever and starts comparing the wrong lines with each other if it hits a patch of seemingly large differences in the middle of the file. I know that if I use "compare documents" in MS Word after converting the text to a table, the accuracy improves, but it still does that be-too-clever thing.

Thanks
    Samuel

:)

ugcheleuce, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Line by line diff (file comparison) with HTML/RTF export :)

4. Line by line diff (file comparison) with HTML/RTF export

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Line by line diff (file comparison) with HTML/RTF export

1. Line by line diff (file comparison) with HTML/RTF export - Similar Threads - Line line diff

2. Word File Black Lines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word File Black Lines: On my Word File I am writing an article and at the end of the text a black line separates the text from the Endnotes, and a continuous page-wide black line is inserted subsequently at the top of every new page. I need to get rid of the black separator lines? How? Mark Olssen...
  3. Word File Black Lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word File Black Lines: On my Word File I am writing an article and at the end of the text a black line separates the text from the Endnotes, and a continuous page-wide black line is inserted subsequently at the top of every new page. I need to get rid of the black separator lines? How? Mark Olssen...
  4. Word File Black Lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. start line - end line to output file (BAT script)

in Windows 10 Support
    start line - end line to output file (BAT script): input.txt it is a text file with 10 lines in it one two three four five six seven eight nine ten i want to create a text file from line 3 to 7 it will be output.txt three four five six seven i want to know, how i can create a file that getting lines from another file...
  6. Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out: How do I prevent it from outputting to both? I want to switch outputs based on the current output device selected. Muting line in under speaker properties mutes it for both. I had "Listen to this device" checked before and muted the speaker and manually changed the output...
  7. Webpage Conversion Tool lets you export Webpage, HTML to File, File to HTML

in Windows 10 News
    Webpage Conversion Tool lets you export Webpage, HTML to File, File to HTML: [ATTACH]At times you need to save a webpage into a PDF file or an image file and so on. One of the easiest ways is […] This post Webpage Conversion Tool lets you export Webpage, HTML to File, File to HTML is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Deleting files with command line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files with command line: I used del filename and it was successfully deleted. I also used dir to double check. However, when I checked the Recycle Bin; the file wasn't found inside. Was this file permanently deleted?...
  9. lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lines: what cause a horizontal line across my screen. it start as a dot then start to spread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lines/58effdf6-25d5-4386-8f0f-1e2365c628ea
  10. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge: How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...