Windows 10: Line in audio not working after update

Discus and support Line in audio not working after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I set up my PC speakers to be my main audio device, and that included using the Line in port to play audio from my tv, plugging my tv (via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by METALCAVEMAN, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Line in audio not working after update

Hello,

I set up my PC speakers to be my main audio device, and that included using the Line in port to play audio from my tv, plugging my tv (via it's audio out port) to the back of my motherboard.

The previous Windows 10 update broke everything and I had to set it up again, the tv was being detected and "listen to this device" was enabled, but no audio came though, after trying everything, including several reboots, updates and more I got it to fix, then, a couple days ago Windows 10 updated once more, and once again, everything broke, this time however, nothing seems to fix this issue. I've plugged and unplugged everything, rebooted, looked for more updates, updated drivers, nothing works. Once again, the tv is being detected, "listen to this device" is enabled, volume and balance are set, yet no audio comes through, I've also tried different cables, even buying a new one just in case and nothing works.

What can I do now?

:)

METALCAVEMAN, Oct 6, 2019

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 6, 2019
  4. xBruce88x Win User

Line in audio not working after update

WinTV-1800 Pass through Audio?

let me look up that model of the card and see what i can find out.

edit: their site really sux... no real information about the hardware. If I found the right one, your's has two RCA connectors near the bottom of the card. I'm guessing this is the Line-In feature for this card.

this is the best I can think of... (assuming windows 7 properly detects the hardware's line in)

Step One: Plug in the audio from the PS3 to the RCA on the tuner
    Step Two: Right click the speaker icon near the clock on the start menu and select "Recording Devices"
    Step Three: Look for anything listed that relates to your TV tuner's Line-In, make sure it is enabled. When it says its "Ready" right click on it and select "Properties"
    Step Four: Click the "Listen" tab
    Step Five: place a check in "Listen to this device" and in the dropdown menu under that select your speakers for the playback.
    Step six: Play a game and test the audio... If its working Enjoy!
    Optional step... go back to step three, when the properties box comes up click the "Levels" tab. Here you can adjust the input volume of the device

Hope this helps, and that it lets you do so

edit: should you decide to get an adapter for the rca, these steps are pretty much the same for the line in on your sound card.

xBruce88x, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Line in audio not working after update

1. Line in audio not working after update - Similar Threads - Line audio working

2. Audio Not Working after Driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working after Driver update: So I was trying to update my AMD display driver and was using AMD's chipset Software program to do it. It then proceeded me to install 6 other chipset drivers. After rebooting, it has caused my audio to no longer work. When I try testing it, it says "failed to play test...
  3. USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update: This issues happens every time a major Windows update is completed on my computer. But this time I can't get it to work. I use an USB audio interface made by Novation - Audiohub 2x4 to listen to my albums from my turntables. I listen to my music mainly on Foobar 2000 through...
  4. USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update: This issues happens every time a major Windows update is completed on my computer. But this time I can't get it to work. I use an USB audio interface made by Novation - Audiohub 2x4 to listen to my albums from my turntables. I listen to my music mainly on Foobar 2000 through...
  5. USB audio inteface Line In Properties - Listen to This Device stopped working after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. audio not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio not working after update: I think I need my old driver. my audio stopped working. this has happened before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-update/bc39bae1-4ed7-459c-9204-b7b70d6d9d1f
  7. audio not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio not working after update: I think I need my old driver. my audio stopped working. this has happened before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-update/bc39bae1-4ed7-459c-9204-b7b70d6d9d1f
  8. Audio not working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio not working after update: After a recent update, the audio stopped working. The device drivers are up to date and the device speakers/headphones is working properly. I notice that when I attempt to configure the speakers for the device, it will not work in "stereo" and only the rear speakers in...
  9. Audio not working after system update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio not working after system update: When I update, I see that my audio is not working, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-system-update/27a59c5e-0148-4fe2-94fd-18b39648af39
  10. RealTek Audio Not Working After Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek Audio Not Working After Update: Since the Windows 10 release and every update after my speakers and mic stop working. I have tried everything after the last update and have had no success. I have updated drivers, rolled back drivers, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers more than one version,...