Windows 10: Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic.

Discus and support Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a headset splitter for my headset (the steelseries arctis 9x Xbox edition) because my mic on the headset wasn't working. Windows detects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OrangeTallion, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic.

I recently got a headset splitter for my headset (the steelseries arctis 9x Xbox edition) because my mic on the headset wasn't working. Windows detects the mic as "Line in." So, I got it, and it worked for a little while, picked up audio from my headset and stuff, and then when I restarted my PC, the mic doesn't work. I've tried online guides about how to resolve the issue, and am currently updating audio drivers to see if that works (I'll post an update if it does work). Another reason I think it might not work is I also plugged in a webcam at the same time when I got the splitter, and that has a mic. But, I unplugged it and still, nothing was being picked up by "Line in." I can provide any pictures or additional information if needed, and I'll keep this updated if drivers fix it.

submitted by /u/OrangeTallion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OrangeTallion, Nov 19, 2020

2. Mic socket not working

The mic socket on my laptop abruptly stopped working. It just buzzes instead of recognizing any voice. It works with a USB adapter, so the mic isn't broken, and the socket recognizes when a device has been plugged in ("You just plugged a device into the audio jack"), but all it does is buzz. Is the mic socket just inexplicably broken?

AngryMerchant, Nov 19, 2020
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic.

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic. [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic. [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic.

1. Line in being recognized, but not working. Audio works fine though, but not mic. - Similar Threads - Line being recognized

2. The audio on my PC is not working even though my headphones are being recognized as plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The audio on my PC is not working even though my headphones are being recognized as plugged in.: This issue started a couple of days ago and I've been trying to fix it on my own and gone down a couple of rabbit wholes but haven't gotten anywhere. I've tried updating drivers, but it tells me that the file can't be found. I tried to make sure my windows were fully up to...
  3. The audio on my PC is not working even though my headphones are being recognized as plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The audio on my PC is not working even though my headphones are being recognized as plugged in.: This issue started a couple of days ago and I've been trying to fix it on my own and gone down a couple of rabbit wholes but haven't gotten anywhere. I've tried updating drivers, but it tells me that the file can't be found. I tried to make sure my windows were fully up to...
  4. The audio on my PC is not working even though my headphones are being recognized as plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mic not recognised - Used to work fine!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not recognised - Used to work fine!: My son has windows 10 - His headset and mic worked fine until a few weeks ago. He can hear fine through his headset but the mic is not working.We have approved all apps to work.Have looked systems,, sound, his mic is not in input Stereo mix Realtek is in input?. Looked in...
  6. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-being-recognized-as-speakers-and/1a83bfc0-dc89-4be6-88f4-6efa058e345d
  7. Headphones are recognized but no sound is playing, Mic works fine

Headphones are recognized but no sound is playing, Mic works fine: After a recent update, I am unable to use headphones to play sound. It is recognized by my device but I cannot hear a thing. The mic is also working fine. Thank you...
  8. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Hello there. I have a pair of "Blackweb Premium Series Studio Over-Ear Headphones with in-line mic". It has one 3.5mm audio jack and for some reason it gets recognized as "Speakers RealtekR Audio" and the microphone does not seem work no matter which port i plug the...
  9. Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine

Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine: I went to scan a document I signed and the HP Officejet printer did not recognize the computer. It had just printed said document sans signature from said computer. I then tried to initiate scan from the computer to the printer. It was unable to recognize the scanner....
  10. Win10 not recognizing TV - HDMI working fine though...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win10 not recognizing TV - HDMI working fine though...: Hi there. I looked it up cases like mine, but found no other. I got a new desktop recently, and after a month or so, I believe it was after an update (not sure) it stopped recognizing the TV... I tested with a monitor of a friend, using a HDMI cable and it worked fine....