Windows 10: Line In being used by another program

Discus and support Line In being used by another program in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just started to get a flag each time I now try to open a number of programs that use my sound card Line In ,USB. It says that Line In is being used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alok, Jan 3, 2020.

1. alok Win User

Line In being used by another program

I just started to get a flag each time I now try to open a number of programs that use my sound card Line In ,USB. It says that Line In is being used by another program.
    as far as I can tell it is not !

My sound settings are correct.

These programs have all worked flawlessly since getting this PC back in 2016.

I tried reloading drivers ,etc. Same flag thing.

This seems to have happened right after I did a Windows 10 version 1903 to 1909 upgrade ,but I am not sure that did it ???
    I am unable to rollback to version 1903.

I get sound out of my PC speakers perfect ,even with this problem ,the sound coming from the source I am feeding into Line In, that is to work with the software ,is there . . . but none of the software works anymore because they all say the same Line In is being used by another program and they will not open or work any further.

any ideas ?

Al

:)

alok, Jan 3, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Line In being used by another program :)

Naki, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Line In being used by another program

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Line In being used by another program

1. Line In being used by another program - Similar Threads - Line being used

2. 'Another Program is Being Installed' Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Another Program is Being Installed' Error: For whatever reason I couldn't uninstall Corsair iCue software, simply receiving an error that said another program was being installed. After force uninstalling it with RevoUninstaller, I am now having issues trying to reinstall the software with the same error. I've tried...
  3. 'Another Program is Being Installed' Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Another Program is Being Installed' Error: For whatever reason I couldn't uninstall Corsair iCue software, simply receiving an error that said another program was being installed. After force uninstalling it with RevoUninstaller, I am now having issues trying to reinstall the software with the same error. I've tried...
  4. Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System: My camera is being blocked or used by another process. I've tried three cameras and gotten the same results so its not the cameras. I tested them and get the result that "Your webcam is being used or blocked by another program". Tried all the canned MS fixes. The cameras work...
  5. Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System

Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System: My camera is being blocked or used by another process. I've tried three cameras and gotten the same results so its not the cameras. I tested them and get the result that "Your webcam is being used or blocked by another program". Tried all the canned MS fixes. The cameras work...
  6. Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Uninstall: Another program is being installed issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall: Another program is being installed issue: Trying to uninstall Asus apps but I get : Another program is being installed and I should wait till it's finished, but there is no app being installed.Can I switch this off/registry hack???Thanks...
  8. This device is being used by another application

This device is being used by another application: Hello. It’s me again. I’ve had a very annoying problem where audio stops playing all of a sudden in Windows for no reason. I try to see what the problem is and it says that the device was being used by another application. I tried ro disable exclusive control but it still...
  9. LINE 1 OF SOUND CARD IN USE BY ANOTHER PROGRAM

LINE 1 OF SOUND CARD IN USE BY ANOTHER PROGRAM: I use various software with audio from a radio to accomplish various functions. This has worked flawlessly until this week. I now get a flag everytime I try to open any software that uses LINE IN ,it says LINE IN OF THE SOUND CARD IN USE BY ANOTHER PROGRAM, the software I am...
  10. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2