Windows 10: Line-in insists on combining with Mic-in

Discus and support Line-in insists on combining with Mic-in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to feed audio from my Xbox One into my headphones that are plugged into my computer through a line-in port. I'm able to do so - I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NNCM, Oct 10, 2020.

1. NNCM Win User

Line-in insists on combining with Mic-in

Hello,

I'm trying to feed audio from my Xbox One into my headphones that are plugged into my computer through a line-in port. I'm able to do so - I'm hearing my Xboxand my PC audio. However, Windows seems intent on combining my microphone audio and my line-in audio, which is a problem.

What I want to achieve:
    https://imgur.com/a/jNGqDdC

What I currently have:

https://imgur.com/a/6UyTb7R

Recording devices Sound control panel:

https://imgur.com/a/kJjBOCg

At the moment, only my 'Headset microphone' currently has the 'Listen to this device' box ticked. I'm able to hear both Xbox-audio and myself speaking, and when I try to use VOIP such as Skype, those I'm speaking to hear both me and the Xbox-audio - when 'Headset microphone' is set as the input device. When I set 'Line In' as input device, they hear nothing, and when I only tick the 'Listen to this device'-box for 'Line In', I too hear nothing. Roughly three hours earlier, the roles of 'Headset microphone' and 'Line In' were switched - both mic and Xbox were heard when listening to 'Line In', and nothing when listening to 'Headset microphone'. I can't really identify at what point they switched, and I haven't really made any changes which should lead to such a change.

To reiterate: I want to be able to hear my Xbox-audio without hearing myself, and be able to talk to others without them hearing my Xbox-audio. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

:)

2. Ruud Win User

Combined mic/speakers

I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic.

3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Line-in insists on combining with Mic-in - Similar Threads - Line insists combining

2. I used a cable to combine mine headphones and mic into a mixed jack.My laptop doesnt detect mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used a cable to combine mine headphones and mic into a mixed jack.My laptop doesnt detect mic: I used this cable to mix my headphones and microphone to one mixed jack i searched on genesis site for this i cant find it anywhere but also it only detects my headphones not my mic bc one time i removed the jack and saw that my mic still was going not changing a bit it didnt...
  3. I used a cable to combine mine headphones and mic into a mixed jack.My laptop doesnt detect mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used a cable to combine mine headphones and mic into a mixed jack.My laptop doesnt detect mic: I used this cable to mix my headphones and microphone to one mixed jack i searched on genesis site for this i cant find it anywhere but also it only detects my headphones not my mic bc one time i removed the jack and saw that my mic still was going not changing a bit it didnt...
  4. I used a cable to combine mine headphones and mic into a mixed jack.My laptop doesnt detect mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. fn key combinations to manipulate mic input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fn key combinations to manipulate mic input: Hello,I have Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 and I want to bind fn + Up/Down arrow to Microphone input increase/decrease respectively.Is there any way to do it? On my main PC, I have a separate sound interface connected to it and I can increase/decrease input gain with a knob....
  6. fn key combinations to manipulate mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fn key combinations to manipulate mic input: Hello,I have Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 and I want to bind fn + Up/Down arrow to Microphone input increase/decrease respectively.Is there any way to do it? On my main PC, I have a separate sound interface connected to it and I can increase/decrease input gain with a knob....
  7. Korean Hangul characters not combining, only type in straight line!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Korean Hangul characters not combining, only type in straight line!: I'm having a terrible time trying to figure out why this is happening suddenly, but when I enable the Korean keyboard on my Windows 10 computer, all of the characters come out in a single line, like this... ... instead of combining into syllables like this... I...
  8. Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mic/Line Input Auto-Adjustment: So Windows 10 appears to have introduced some form of native system-level microphone/line input automatic adjustment that programs that can be hooked into which is causing me to sound like a whisper via my Condenser mic in some applications and I would love to find a way to...
  9. Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon on screen flashing mic with line through it.: I suddenly see a microphone icon that is flashing on my screen. I am using a Lenovo laptop. I tried disabling the mic, since I hardly ever used it but that did nothing. It is interfering with my ability to play some games. I do not have an Xbox or other gaming system. This...
  10. Combined mic/speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combined mic/speakers: I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic. 37678