Windows 10: Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time

Discus and support Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to set up my Nintendo Switch audio to play through my PC. Previously I had used my line in port and listened to it and that worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lunarsolar11, May 25, 2024.

1. Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time

I am trying to set up my Nintendo Switch audio to play through my PC. Previously I had used my line in port and listened to it and that worked perfectly. I recently bought a new wired headset with 2 3.5mm cables. Now I am running into an issue where plugging in my line in jack makes my microphone stop working, and my switch audio does not play. Is there a way to fix this? I have restarted the PC, swapped all cables with new ones and updated all applicable driversThank you

:)

lunarsolar11, May 25, 2024

2. microphone jack not working

So i finally decide to buy a headset, and i plugged the headphone jack into the audio jack which works,but when it comes to microphone jack it don't work.
    it doesn't show that its a headset on windows 7 audio device, so i thought i'll try my case sound jacks..but i have 2 connectors on the case 1 is AC_97 and another is HD_Audio and i don't know which one i plug into i only have one F_audio connector on my motherboard,is that even the right socket to get my case audio jack to work?
    Someone help me please

kurosagi01, May 25, 2024
  3. How to use microphone jack as audio jack?

My laptop ASUS K55VD's audio jack broke down. There was a bead inserted inside it then I cannot use the jack to play audio from my laptop. I am just wondering if it is possible to use the microphone jack (Line-in) to audio jack (line out)?

Jon PhilipTalastas, May 25, 2024
  4. Butters Win User

Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time

Microphone not working with combo audio jack

My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone input is absolutely ignored.

I am 100% positive this is an audio/microphone splitter (and not just an audio splitter) as it has 3 rings on the end of it (indicating that it is compatible with using a microphone), and one of the input jacks even has a microphone icon on it. Realtek Settings are nowhere to be found in Control Panel, and I couldn't seem to find anything in the system sound settings that would help me either.

I've already spent money on this new headset, so as you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated that this is not working, and I really, really don't want to spend any more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Butters, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time

1. Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time - Similar Threads - Line jack Microphone

2. Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time: I am trying to set up my Nintendo Switch audio to play through my PC. Previously I had used my line in port and listened to it and that worked perfectly. I recently bought a new wired headset with 2 3.5mm cables. Now I am running into an issue where plugging in my line in...
  3. Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line in jack and Microphone jack not working at the same time: I am trying to set up my Nintendo Switch audio to play through my PC. Previously I had used my line in port and listened to it and that worked perfectly. I recently bought a new wired headset with 2 3.5mm cables. Now I am running into an issue where plugging in my line in...
  4. Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack: Hey there, Recently, I have not been able to use wired headphones on my laptop. The audio works but the mic is not working. My device is an Asus Vivobook 14 X409FA-EK555T, running on Windows 11. The headphone mic does work on other devices.Please help me as it used to work...
  5. Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working with 3.5mm audio jack: Hey there, Recently, I have not been able to use wired headphones on my laptop. The audio works but the mic is not working. My device is an Asus Vivobook 14 X409FA-EK555T, running on Windows 11. The headphone mic does work on other devices.Please help me as it used to work...
  6. headphone and microphone jack both not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone and microphone jack both not working: my headphone and microphone jacks both on the front and back of my computer have completely stopped working. at first the computer recognized speakers as being plugged in, but no sound would come out. but now, even when i plug in speakers and microphones, they dont even show...
  7. Microphone jack won't work

Microphone jack won't work: So I'm currently using an earphone for my pc and I plugged it into the headphone jack to listen. But when I tried plugging another earphone in the mic jack, the pc doesn't pick up any sounds at all, both front and rear audio jacks. I tried going to settings and properties of...
  8. Desktop microphone jack

Desktop microphone jack: So I Bought a nice looking desktop microphone from Wish. And shortly after opening it i noticed A problem. It had a headphone jack, every time i plugged it in I got madder and madder because it would not show up in the recording devices. I also could find it in playback...
  9. My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack: So I installed windows 10 on a pc from vista ultimate , and after the installation I didn't have any speaker device but two microphones, I installed the updates to the latest and I don't know what to do...
  10. Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Microphone not working with combo audio jack: My laptop only has one combo audio/microphone jack, and I can't get the microphone to work at all. I just bought a new headset that came with an audio/microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop. While the output works fine, the microphone...