Windows 10: Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended.

Discus and support Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; An explanation of my setup: My PC is connected to 2 audio outputs. One being my stereo speakers, and the other being my headphones. My headphones,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaret Sanchez, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended.

An explanation of my setup:

My PC is connected to 2 audio outputs. One being my stereo speakers, and the other being my headphones.

My headphones, however, are connected to one of my monitors that has audio output.

My TV is connected to my PC's line-in port.

I used to use all three of these devices in conjunction with no issues. I'd simply switch audio sources (Speakers to Headphones, vise versa) and the line-in would go with it. However, I'm finding that the "Listen to this device" option doesn't work anymore.

The weird thing is, if I go through my speaker's properties and turn the Line-in port all the way up, I hear my TV's audio through my stereo speakers just fine. There aren't any signs of audio signal when viewing "Line-In" in the recording tab though, even when it is audibly playing. I can only listen to it through my stereo speakers this way.

In no way am I currently able to listen to my TV's audio through my headphones.

I've eliminated certain possibilities.

It is not hardware related. All other audio works with headphones connected to PC. Line-in cable works as I can hear it after turning it up in the Speaker's properties, but not when clicking "Listen to this device".

It has to be software related.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?

I've checked the drivers, I've force reset the Windows Audio service, twice. I've done just about everything which any support forum or video suggested.

I can usually get around this sort of thing, but I'm stumped.

I am trying to avoid doing a clean OS install on this PC. I've had to do it 2 times within the past month due to an unrelated issue.

I'm unsure as if it stopped working after one of these resets.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Jaret Sanchez, Dec 13, 2019
  2. BillMaher Win User

Listen to Line in sounds

Since the last windows update I can not listen to Line in audio, I have my tablet plugged in to Line in and I watch while on my PC ,but I can not find how to turn on LISTEN to Line in, can not get sound working from Line in.

Thanks for the help

BillMaher, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Listening to sound to line-in

I have a DAC connected to USB and I normally get all sounds through it - Windows sounds, YouTube, iTunes, etc. I plugged a cassette deck into the line in. I can record from the line-in, but I can't listen to the line in. In Control panel/Sound, I have
    speakers set to the DAC. Is there a way to listen to the input going into line-in with this setup?

Jan Philips, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended.

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended. :)

Thema:

Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended.

1. Line In - Not able to "Listen to this device" as intended. - Similar Threads - Line able Listen

2. Listen to this device doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Listen to this device doesnt work: Whenever I use listen to this device, no sound plays, I have tried terminating and restarting windows audio both through services and through the console, does anyone know a way to fix this?...
  3. Audio Line In Listen Device Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Line In Listen Device Issue: I am on Windows 11, running a stream setup with GOXLR. In order to have my audio route through my wireless headset I have to go into properties for line in and set the listen to device to my headset Astro A50. This works and I have no issue until I reset my PC. THE SETTINGS...
  4. Audio Line In Listen Device Issue

Audio Line In Listen Device Issue: I am on Windows 11, running a stream setup with GOXLR. In order to have my audio route through my wireless headset I have to go into properties for line in and set the listen to device to my headset Astro A50. This works and I have no issue until I reset my PC. THE SETTINGS...
  5. Windows Listen to Line out surround sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Listen to Line out surround sound?: Hello there,I was wondering if when I use the listen to feature in the sound control panel Recording > Any enabled device > Properties > Listen if it still supports surround sound. More specifically, I have a USB headset, Corsair Void Elite, which is wireless with a USB...
  6. Windows Listen to Line out surround sound?

Windows Listen to Line out surround sound?: Hello there,I was wondering if when I use the listen to feature in the sound control panel Recording > Any enabled device > Properties > Listen if it still supports surround sound. More specifically, I have a USB headset, Corsair Void Elite, which is wireless with a USB...
  7. Listen to multiple audio devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Listen to multiple audio devices: I have two virtual audio cables to use to play music down a mic. I need help finding a setup where my mic is mixed in with the final output but i cant hear it and my music plays down the output but also my headphones. Any suggestions? im using vb audio if that helps...
  8. "listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "listen to this device": I've been using a soundboard for a couple of days along with VB Audio Cable to play silly sound clips through game chat while I'm streaming. Today the feature "listen to this device" won't work, as you have the Virtual audio cable "listen" to the output of whatever you want...
  9. Line in listening not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line in listening not working: I started using the line in functionality back in march of 2019 and it was working fine, about the time I left for school it stopped working. I am now back using my desktop and I can't get the line in to work again. I have gone in to command prompt and restarted windows audio...
  10. Listen to Line in sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Listen to Line in sounds: Since the last windows update I can not listen to Line in audio, I have my tablet plugged in to Line in and I watch while on my PC ,but I can not find how to turn on LISTEN to Line in, can not get sound working from Line in. Thanks for the help...