Windows 10: Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

Discus and support Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Caleb :, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Caleb : Win User

Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually when you plug in an input to the audio jack there should be a pop up that says what the device is e.g. headphones, headset or line in. This feature worked on my old £350 laptop but doesn't on this £650 one. Microsoft have said that it is due to the Realtek audio driver not being Realtek HD smart audio but no one knows

:)

Caleb :, Nov 24, 2021
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

1. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working - Similar Threads - Line port Lenovo

2. Laptop's port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop's port not working: Hi i have a laptop that has two ports. one is working fine but other one is not working. when i insert mouse or keyboard in the port mouse light turns on but mouse not working. and laptop plays the sound of insert and eject at the same time. it does same thing every time. can...
  3. Laptop's port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's port not working: Hi i have a laptop that has two ports. one is working fine but other one is not working. when i insert mouse or keyboard in the port mouse light turns on but mouse not working. and laptop plays the sound of insert and eject at the same time. it does same thing every time. can...
  4. Laptop's port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working: Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually...
  6. Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working

Line in port on Lenovo laptop not working: Hello everyone,I am stumped with an issue and wondered if anyone knew how to fix it. I have been in contact with Microsoft and Lenovo about my brand new bought less than a week ago Lenovo idea pad 5 ideapad 5-15ARE05 Laptop - Type 81YQ not having the line in function. Usually...
  7. Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone port on Lenovo desktop.: I don't know where on my Lenovo PC to connect the microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-port-on-lenovo-desktop/d9d5ea07-02a8-44dc-85a3-422f4b2a26b1
  8. The ports on my laptop are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The ports on my laptop are not working: Hi, I recently bought an HP laptop which runs windows 10 version 1809. My ports such as USB and audio jack do not work when a mouse or pair of earplugs are plugged in. My earplugs are the ones that come with the iPhone 6. All these worked on my previous laptop which was an...
  9. Dell Latitude laptop port not working

Dell Latitude laptop port not working: Whenever I plug in my USB mouse and keyboard they turn on for like 5 seconds and then turn off. Afterwards i then check Bluetooth and other devices in the Setting and it tells me i have a driver error(see below for picture) [img] It is becoming a more and more of a...
  10. Touchpad not working. (Lenovo Laptop)

Touchpad not working. (Lenovo Laptop): My touchpad isn't working on my laptop, I have tried many different ways to make it work, but it never did. I have tried installing the driver from Lenovo's site. I have tried uninstalling the driver to make windows try to install it again, I have even tried using third party...