Windows 10: Line in the lower half of the monitor

Discus and support Line in the lower half of the monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; everytime i put my monitor on 75 Hz below i see a line on the lower half of my screen everytime i put it higher than 75Hz It dissapear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAMUELJOSIAHLEAL, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Line in the lower half of the monitor

everytime i put my monitor on 75 Hz below i see a line on the lower half of my screen everytime i put it higher than 75Hz It dissapear

:)

SAMUELJOSIAHLEAL, Apr 8, 2021

2. Lower half centimeter echoes top half centimeter in flashes

Hi, recently my SP4 started flickering in the lower half of the task bar at the bottom of my screen. Sometimes it decreases when I use my touchpad, but mostly it just sits there. Inside the flickering line you can see the top portion of the screen.
    It seems as if the top half centimeter gets an echo on the lower half centimeter. It is very annoying when using the task bar... any fixes available ? thanks a lot !

YoeriLewijze, Apr 8, 2021
  3. JaD_001 Win User
    Monitor - half of it is black

Running w10 and up to date as of June 7/20. Running 3 monitors. Middle one (NEC 3090WQXi large screen) only has half a screen showing. Done settings, monitor, checks. All scaling and resolution is correct. Uninstalled drivers for that monitor and for video
    card and rebooted. No change. Unplugged and reseated video cable. No change. Unplugged power cable to monitor. Let it sit half an hour, plugged it back in, and then got full screen. Left it alone, screen saver came on, woke it up, and back to half a screen
    (left half black). Repeated unplug and leave it, but now still at half a screen. All diagnostics in device manager say monitor is working properly - sadly not. The setup has been working well for ten years. Not sure if this is a result of them latest W 10
    update. The one thing I have not tried is to roll back the latest update - I hate doing that in case it causes more problems.

I have run out of ideas. Any suggestions? Apologies if it is in the wrong section. There was no option for display issues.

JaD_001, Apr 8, 2021
  4. TomEPike Win User

Line in the lower half of the monitor

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Line in the lower half of the monitor

1. Line in the lower half of the monitor - Similar Threads - Line lower half

2. Monitor only shows half

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor only shows half: My monitor shows only half when I booted it today. On the bottom part all I can see is blank and nothing is in there you cant even hover the mouse or the mouse will be gone when you hover it. When booting the PC, the display shows in full but not until you get to main screen....
  3. Monitor only shows half

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor only shows half: My monitor shows only half when I booted it today. On the bottom part all I can see is blank and nothing is in there you cant even hover the mouse or the mouse will be gone when you hover it. When booting the PC, the display shows in full but not until you get to main screen....
  4. Monitor only shows half

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Vertical Lines on Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical Lines on Monitors: Hello, I'm seeing vertical lines on my Acer Predator Monitors. It is not the drivers, GPU was tested and is good. Everything was fine but recently just started doing this. I get it on both monitors but the pattern does not look the same. I would like to post pictures if...
  6. Power button on Start menu unresponsive in the lower half

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button on Start menu unresponsive in the lower half: I've noticed that the Power button on the Windows Start menu of my laptop is unresponsive when clicked anywhere in the lower half of the button. The problem is quite evident from just hovering over the lower half of the button - the button doesn't get highlighted until...
  7. Lowering monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lowering monitor brightness: My Dell monitor had a good brightness range but I'm stuck with my HP laptop now and I can't make it dim enough at night. I tried an app from the Microsoft Store but it has the same brightness range as my laptop. Is there a registry hack or something that can let me lower...
  8. lower half of screen flashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    lower half of screen flashing: about two hours ago, the lower half of my screen started flashing odd colors. not like flickering, it was more like the lower half and some parts above it would get distorted for about two seconds, wait another two seconds, and get distorted again. a little bit of the top of...
  9. Line on monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line on monitor: I have a HP Pavilion, recently a thin blue line appeared on the monitor from top to bottom 5 inches from the left side of the screen. I have tried many ways to get rid of it all failed. Any ideas would be welcome....
  10. Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen: For the past few days, my desktop icons in the lower left-hand side of my screen become invisible. If I slowly move my cursor over the right spot, the little menu pops up telling me what icon I am over, and I can either drag it to the upper left half of the screen where it...