Windows 10: "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

Discus and support "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wpcoe, Aug 31, 2020.

1. wpcoe Win User

"Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now.

Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing?

Here's what I see now:

"Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View [​IMG]

:)

wpcoe, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Aeikausar Win User

File Explorer - List / View all files in subfolders of a folder

In File Explorer, Is there any way to list/view all files in subfolders of a folder, without using command line or windows search? Thank you

Aeikausar, Aug 31, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 31, 2020
  4. "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

"Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

1. "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View - Similar Threads - Line spacing File

2. Blank space in front of file names, List view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank space in front of file names, List view?: Windows 11, file explorer: I was viewing files in list view, selected a few, and accidentally clicked Copy as Path I was aiming for Properties and missed. Now, ALL my files and folders in List view have this weird blank space in front of them. It's the size and place that a...
  3. Blank space in front of file names, List view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank space in front of file names, List view?: Windows 11, file explorer: I was viewing files in list view, selected a few, and accidentally clicked Copy as Path I was aiming for Properties and missed. Now, ALL my files and folders in List view have this weird blank space in front of them. It's the size and place that a...
  4. Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily: Hello Dev i am running windows 10 , i have computer eye syndrome , i need to increase vertical line spacing between file explorer names so that it puts less strain on my eyes when i view it , also please see attached image of what i am talking about , 1 i tried to look for...
  5. Trouble with List View in Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with List View in Explorer...: In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what I mean is I like a nice clean look. In a folder, I like to view by list, and have the list organized by file types. So...
  6. Windows Explorer list view too much space between folders & files

Windows Explorer list view too much space between folders & files: I like a compact folder and file list but recently I keep seeing the view in this image. How can I go back to the old view? I have right clicked and done view but that doesn't make it more compact. I was going to do A vs B pics but I can't get it to back to no space between....
  7. File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased

File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased: [ATTACH] I don't know when it happend but not only file explorer, taskbar also has weird larger than normal spacing [ATTACH] How can i solve this problem?...
  8. Last column of list view in File Explorer issue

Last column of list view in File Explorer issue: When I double click to open a file in the last column to the right side of the list view in File Explorer, and there are long file names among the list so the last column is not completely in the window, instead of opening the file, it advances to the next column. Then I have...
  9. Increase Line spacing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Line spacing in file explorer: My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly...
  10. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer list view spacing tablet

2. windows 10 file explorer font vertical spacing

3. windows 11 row height in explorer details view