Windows 10: Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen

Discus and support Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH]this laptop/tablet is only a week or so old and this problem started today. It has very think lines of the other side of the screen. If I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dark Fire Ghost, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen

Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen 70409c37-b9f3-4831-9e2d-0f1ac78cf4e9?upload=true.jpg this laptop/tablet is only a week or so old and this problem started today. It has very think lines of the other side of the screen. If I do nothing about then then it eventually moves across the full screen. Each time another line is added it adds it to the right of them, moving the lines to the left. I've tried updating drivers but didn't work. The lines also disappear if screen is turned off for a short bit, but they return shortly after that. Is there a way to fix this or is it the hardware? I've also only installed Chrome on it and mainly only watch videos.

:)

Dark Fire Ghost, Oct 15, 2018

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen

1. Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen - Similar Threads - Lines appearing screen

2. Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update: Hi!Ever since the last updates on my laptop, I notice a 'stutter', 'tear', 'ripple' or 'line' or whatever you want to call it, across my screen left to right that was never there before the update. I notice it when I'm scrolling through a website or when I'm watching a video....
  3. Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is stuttering / line across screen after update: Hi!Ever since the last updates on my laptop, I notice a 'stutter', 'tear', 'ripple' or 'line' or whatever you want to call it, across my screen left to right that was never there before the update. I notice it when I'm scrolling through a website or when I'm watching a video....
  4. White lines across the blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White lines across the blue screen: Windows 10 has installed updates and now on boot I see white lines on a blue screen or just a black screen. I spent a lot of time to find a solution to launch: replace the files atikmdag.sys, atikmpag.sys in the '\system32\drivers' folder with files from the Windows 8 driver...
  5. Vertical lines across bottom of screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Vertical lines across bottom of screen.: Hi all, I posted in here about a live account that I couldn't get into a while back. I ended up just reinstalling windows. Anyway all has been good my pc has been great. But today I turn it on and the bottom half of my screen has vertical black and white lines for some...
  6. Problem with horizontal lines across screen on boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with horizontal lines across screen on boot: Dell Inspiron i5 laptop Intel HD Graphics 4000 I am posting here as I'm not techie enough to know if this is definitely a graphics issue. For a short while now there have been multicoloured lines, though mostly pink, appearing across the top half of the screen when booting...
  7. Problem with horizontal lines across screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with horizontal lines across screen on boot: Dell Inspiron i5 laptop Intel HD Graphics 4000 I am posting here as I'm not techie enough to know if this is definitely a graphics issue. For a short while now there have been multicoloured lines, though mostly pink, appearing across the top half of the screen when booting...
  8. There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen

There are coloured horizontal lines across the screen: Brand new PC - Windows 10 Graphics Card: GEFORCE GTX 1669 Super From initial load to setting up windows these lines have appears. I downloaded/install all windows updated And downloaded/installed NVIDA experience gaming plus driver. I've also tried multiple screens 2x...
  9. Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen

Dotted horizontal line appears/flashes across my screen: A dotted line flashes across my screen every 2 seconds, at the bottom of my screen, a little over the taskbar. The part of the screen under it also kind of jiggles, it appears during startup as well, the first time this happened, it went away by itself after a while, but...
  10. Horizontal Lines appear on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horizontal Lines appear on screen: Hi, I My Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad 2 in 1 14 has had these random lines appear on the the screen and I don't know what to do. Its espeacially bad in Google Chrome, which is why I undownloaded it a while ago but because of Corona I have to take my tests online now, which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortly appearing lines on screen