Windows 10: Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read

Discus and support Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is it when I open the file explorer in Windows the files are shown like they are "scrunched" together and there for many times unreadable. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yok33, Mar 7, 2023.

1. yok33 Win User

Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read

Why is it when I open the file explorer in Windows the files are shown like they are "scrunched" together and there for many times unreadable. Is there a way to increase the line size or something that would make them easier to read.

:)

yok33, Mar 7, 2023

2. file explorer and reading list on windows 10

Hi Colinus,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you faced. We certainly help you with this issue. I want to inform you it is temporary issue it will short out immediately there is no need to go back in previous operating system.
    I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Are you referring to reading list app?

If you are using reading list app so I would suggest you to run windows app troubleshooter to fix issue.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to control panel and select troubleshooting then in top left corner of your screen select view all.

• Click on windows store app and click on it and run it.
    I want to inform you. You can sort, group, and arrange items in a folder or library view by an added column (detail) in ascending or descending order in windows 10 file explorer.

for more information follow the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/files-folders-windows-explorer

Note: It is also applicable for windows 10 as well.

Try these steps and let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 7, 2023
  3. wpcoe Win User
    Line spacing in File Explorer List View

It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now.

Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing?

Here's what I see now:

Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read 295415d1598894124t-line-spacing-file-explorer-list-view-list-view.gif

wpcoe, Mar 7, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Line spacing in File Explorer List View

Hi, I also have 1903 without that separation. Try comparing what this free reputable tweak tool (with full explanations) shows:

Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read 295420d1598895069t-line-spacing-file-explorer-list-view-1.png

Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read 295421d1598895114t-line-spacing-file-explorer-list-view-1.png

If you have a good idea when this happened, you could also consider using an appropriate System Restore point if you have that enabled.

dalchina, Mar 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read - Similar Threads - Lines files explorer

2. Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have a four disk parity array set up for local backup. The drive letter is E:. label Backup. Windows 11 and drivers are all up to date. The last time I restarted, Windows 11 File Explorer recognized the drive, and the drive letter, but just called...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer cannot read storage space drive: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have a four disk parity array set up for local backup. The drive letter is E:. label Backup. Windows 11 and drivers are all up to date. The last time I restarted, Windows 11 File Explorer recognized the drive, and the drive letter, but just called...
  4. Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read: Why is it when I open the file explorer in Windows the files are shown like they are "scrunched" together and there for many times unreadable. Is there a way to increase the line size or something that would make them easier to read....
  5. Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lines of files in explorer seem scrunched together and cannot always read: Why is it when I open the file explorer in Windows the files are shown like they are "scrunched" together and there for many times unreadable. Is there a way to increase the line size or something that would make them easier to read....
  6. File Explorer is always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is always on top: The only way to view anything other than Explorer is to minimize it, is there a fix? Version 20H2; Build 19042.746; Windows 10 Pro EDIT: Tried this, but it fails on some things: Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "ForegroundLockTimeout"=dword:00030d40 Set value...
  7. In explorer the command line always starts with /This PC/

in Windows 10 Support
    In explorer the command line always starts with /This PC/: Microsoft Windows Version 1903. OS Build 18362.449 in explorer the command line always starts with /This PC/. is there a way to start explorer with the C:\prompy Thank You Paul B 143471
  8. Windows File Explorer Always crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Explorer Always crashing: hi all i am new here, i am here for my friend, his windows file explorer always crashing and he need to open task manager and restart the program. its very annoying because we are gamers and it preventing him from minimizing a game and then coming back any solutions??...
  9. Increase Line spacing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Line spacing in file explorer: My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly...
  10. How to get File Explorer to sort folders and files together?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get File Explorer to sort folders and files together?: Currently I can only get all folders sorted and then all files sorted. I'd like to get them to sort together. Specifically this is for my Movies drive, which has thousands of films... most are in folders, but some are just files. I searched here and elsewhere, but did not...