Windows 10: Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Discus and support Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexudi, Dec 20, 2018.

1. alexudi Win User

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard or the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). It isn't the gpu since I have uninstalled it plugged in a displayport into the motherboard to my monitor and still see the green pixels. Even on my Chrome browser there are red pixels that "bleed" thru the upper tab portion including the Chrome extensions (picture attached). I have tried multiple Displayports and HDMI cables, and a different monitor. This only occurs on the home screen, on Chrome, the intro screen of League of Legends, and I've seen some pixels "bleeding" thru on Discord too. However, when I play any video game, the graphics are perfect. No issues whatsoever. I play at 2560x1080 at 144Hz refresh rate. I've tried updating/reverting (to old drivers) for the mobo, gpu and just everything. My last resort is to wipe my PC, and reinstall everything. Re-seated gpu in different slot, re-seated RAM, everything.

If you have any suggestions or tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

*Note: The first and third images were much more clearer to my eyes, but were captured poorly for some reason which never happens.

My rig:

Asus Z-270a Prime mobo

Asus ROG Strix 1070 Ti

Intel i7 7700K

16 GB RAM

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen 17d01559-6f1d-4533-80b7-3c911b200ff9?upload=true.jpg

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen e8567f35-4651-4d2b-91be-718adcb99fd3?upload=true.jpg

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen eb8a9560-7687-43ea-bd11-5610ce62f5f3?upload=true.jpg

:)

alexudi, Dec 20, 2018

2. Black Vertical Line just on my desktop screen

Hi,

I have the similar problem in my lenovo g50-80 with windows 10. it's like this -Whenever I open a window on the desktop a 1 pixel wide vertical black line appears. However
    when I press win+D or click the right side of the taskbar to show the desktop the line disappears. But if there is a window open on the desktop or I manually minimize/close all of my windows the line remains.

I've tried the the support engineers suggestion but it didn't work

AnveshPuri, Dec 20, 2018
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Dec 20, 2018
  4. orn8 Win User

Green vertical line on Lumia 820 screen

A green vertical line has appeared on my screen and I wondered if anyone else had experince this?

The line is not visible in pictures taken.

It is there most of the time, but every now and then it goes.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I did take it to a Nokia repair centre, but he is going to charge me £30 just for opening it even though it's still in warranty.

Any clues?

Thema:

1. Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen - Similar Threads - Lines Green Vertical

2. Fix horizontal or vertical Green line on laptop screen

in Windows 10 News
    Fix horizontal or vertical Green line on laptop screen: [IMG]This article will show you how to fix horizontal or vertical green lines on a laptop screen. This issue can occur due to an outdated Graphics card driver or a hardware issue. How to fix horizontal or vertical Green line on laptop screen Use the following solutions to fix...
  3. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Green line in laptop's screen: As I was out of the city, I couldn't open my laptop. When I came back and opened my laptop then there was a vertical horizontal line of the screen. I tried to fix it by updating driver also but it failed. So please suggest me some way to get out of this....
  4. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical Green line in laptop's screen: As I was out of the city, I couldn't open my laptop. When I came back and opened my laptop then there was a vertical horizontal line of the screen. I tried to fix it by updating driver also but it failed. So please suggest me some way to get out of this....
  5. Vertical Green line in laptop's screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. weird green pixelated lines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird green pixelated lines: Two days ago my pc crashed and I had to do my windows again but before I did my windows I had these weird pixelated lines visible in my BIOS and in boot menu. After the window installation the lines didn't go away.....at first there were only two lines and as I changed my pc...
  7. weird green pixelated lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird green pixelated lines: Two days ago my pc crashed and I had to do my windows again but before I did my windows I had these weird pixelated lines visible in my BIOS and in boot menu. After the window installation the lines didn't go away.....at first there were only two lines and as I changed my pc...
  8. weird green pixelated lines

9. About a vertical line in desktop screen

About a vertical line in desktop screen: I suddenly noticed that there is very slight vertical line on my monitor. This is very interesting that this line isn't permanent! I mean it comes sometimes, and vanishes sometimes. It also changes colors when it appears. I checked the HDMI cable, graphics card and tried to...
  10. Vertical lines across bottom of screen.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Vertical lines across bottom of screen.: Hi all, I posted in here about a live account that I couldn't get into a while back. I ended up just reinstalling windows. Anyway all has been good my pc has been great. But today I turn it on and the bottom half of my screen has vertical black and white lines for some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. horizontal green line appeared on my lenovo windows 10 laptop www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. vertical pixel bleeding on phone screen