Windows 10: Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Discus and support Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexudi, Dec 20, 2018.

1. alexudi Win User

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard or the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). It isn't the gpu since I have uninstalled it plugged in a displayport into the motherboard to my monitor and still see the green pixels. Even on my Chrome browser there are red pixels that "bleed" thru the upper tab portion including the Chrome extensions (picture attached). I have tried multiple Displayports and HDMI cables, and a different monitor. This only occurs on the home screen, on Chrome, the intro screen of League of Legends, and I've seen some pixels "bleeding" thru on Discord too. However, when I play any video game, the graphics are perfect. No issues whatsoever. I play at 2560x1080 at 144Hz refresh rate. I've tried updating/reverting (to old drivers) for the mobo, gpu and just everything. My last resort is to wipe my PC, and reinstall everything. Re-seated gpu in different slot, re-seated RAM, everything.

If you have any suggestions or tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

*Note: The first and third images were much more clearer to my eyes, but were captured poorly for some reason which never happens.

My rig:

Asus Z-270a Prime mobo

Asus ROG Strix 1070 Ti

Intel i7 7700K

16 GB RAM

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen 17d01559-6f1d-4533-80b7-3c911b200ff9?upload=true.jpg

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen e8567f35-4651-4d2b-91be-718adcb99fd3?upload=true.jpg

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen eb8a9560-7687-43ea-bd11-5610ce62f5f3?upload=true.jpg

:)

alexudi, Dec 20, 2018

2. Black Vertical Line just on my desktop screen

Hi,

I have the similar problem in my lenovo g50-80 with windows 10. it's like this -Whenever I open a window on the desktop a 1 pixel wide vertical black line appears. However
    when I press win+D or click the right side of the taskbar to show the desktop the line disappears. But if there is a window open on the desktop or I manually minimize/close all of my windows the line remains.

I've tried the the support engineers suggestion but it didn't work

AnveshPuri, Dec 20, 2018
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Dec 20, 2018
  4. orn8 Win User

Green vertical line on Lumia 820 screen

A green vertical line has appeared on my screen and I wondered if anyone else had experince this?

The line is not visible in pictures taken.

It is there most of the time, but every now and then it goes.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I did take it to a Nokia repair centre, but he is going to charge me £30 just for opening it even though it's still in warranty.

Any clues?

Thema:

1. Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen - Similar Threads - Lines Green Vertical

2. Screen pixelation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen pixelation: Ever since Windows 10 most recent update, my screen becomes pixelated at various times and the screen is unreadable. I contacted Windows support chat yesterday. The rep took over control of my computer, said he was creating a restore point, then a few minutes later my...
  3. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having a problem with a desktop PC running Windows 10. It had been working fine, but a few days ago, it restarted on its own, and is now booting up to an orange screen with vertical white lines. The desktop is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400. It originally ran...
  4. Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lines appearing on screen that increase across screen: [ATTACH]this laptop/tablet is only a week or so old and this problem started today. It has very think lines of the other side of the screen. If I do nothing about then then it eventually moves across the full screen. Each time another line is added it adds it to the right of...
  5. Green Line Under Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green Line Under Taskbar: I know this has to do with virtual desktops... but it's super obnoxious. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't really need or want multiple desktops anyway, and it's irritating that it shows a little green bar under every program even when I only have one desktop... 14448
  6. White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode: Hi all! I was literally arguing with one of Xidax's technicians recently about some sort of weird screen error I was getting when my laptop woke from sleep. Image attached. (White screen with vertical lines and the cursor turns into a white block). I gave them a...
  7. Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software?

Green Fluorescent Vertical Bar On Screen - Hardware or Software?: Hey guys, I decided to jump on the Windows 10 hybrid tablet/laptop bandwagon by buying a cheap Venturer EliteWin at a deal I simply could not pass on. I was initially quite happy with the purchase until this issue popped up not even a week after purchase: [img]...
  8. Blue lines across monitor

Blue lines across monitor: Hello i have been recently experiencing an issue where there are blue lines across my monitor when i watch a movie or play games also it looks like its on one half of the screen Snaggy - easy screenshots here is what it looks like 52910
  9. Computer easily freeze with colored vertical lines on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer easily freeze with colored vertical lines on screen: It started some days ago when I played Overwatch and my computer suddenly freeze(with the vertical lines on screen mentioned above).After this I couldn't play some games(the expectations are games requiring really low performance like The Binding of Isaac or Town of Salem)...
  10. Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines: Hello everyone, I have searched the entire internet for something similar to this problem and haven't found anything, So I decided to post here hoping you guys could help me debug this problem and help other people in the future. My system: 2HDDs 500gb 2.5" i7-4790...