Windows 10: Lingering effects of removed parental controls

Discus and support Lingering effects of removed parental controls in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, My Microsoft account was previously listed as a Child account in a Microsoft Family. This was removed recently, and while everything worked fine... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cactusEight, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Lingering effects of removed parental controls

Hello,
    My Microsoft account was previously listed as a Child account in a Microsoft Family. This was removed recently, and while everything worked fine for a little while, installing a required Windows 10 update seems to have reinstated some of the blocks (for example, I cannot use browsers other than IE or Edge). Is there any way I can regain these privileges?

Just to be clear:
    - I am currently listed as an administrator on this device.
    - I did have these privileges for a while.
    - I have left the Microsoft family.

- My account no longer appears to be a "child" account.
    - I have rebooted my computer to no effect.

If this problem isn't easily solvable, my Plan B is to create a new account on this device and transfer important files to that. I'd really appreciate some options for Plan A if you have any.

:)

cactusEight, Aug 21, 2019

2. Parental controls removed but still having effects

I removed myself from my family's parental controls, and today i found out that for some reason i still have the effect of them. For example the screen time restriction. I looked everywhere for a solution and never found one, I even tried to re add myself
    to my family's parental controls and modify my restrictions but that also did not work. So i could really use some help

austinc123, Aug 21, 2019
  3. removing parental controls

Hi Rozzy,

Parental Control set limits to other user accounts. To remove parental control, click on the article and follow the steps:

How do I turn off family features?

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Lingering effects of removed parental controls

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Lingering effects of removed parental controls

1. Lingering effects of removed parental controls - Similar Threads - Lingering effects removed

2. Remove parental control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove parental control: Hi!My dad made my mail back in 2011 or something, and ive had this mail for 12 years. Now the suddenly i cant do anything because it says it has parental control. This has never been a problem before. The email it says control my email is lost and cant be connected again. How...
  3. Remove parental control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove parental control: Hi!My dad made my mail back in 2011 or something, and ive had this mail for 12 years. Now the suddenly i cant do anything because it says it has parental control. This has never been a problem before. The email it says control my email is lost and cant be connected again. How...
  4. Parent control how remove

Parent control how remove: Windows 10 need to remove parent control as I cannot view messages etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parent-control-how-remove/1d6ce01b-67a2-47db-8be6-f87f283297b3
  5. how to remove parental control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove parental control?: Parental control is installed on my PC by a stranger to meI am already 16 years oldI would like to remove this feature https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-parental-control/b5907b09-aea9-4b38-a00e-bd462b4b083d
  6. how to remove parental control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove parental control: How to remove parental control https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-parental-control/bfd47dd4-0bd1-42bf-9a11-c11f5ec8ce05
  7. Remove Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Parental Controls: I simply want to remove parental controls from my account. I have been on a chat for an hour with no success. Please tell me how to accomplish this. I have "clicked the three dots" as asked. I have clicked on "manage consent" as asked. it is a circle of events. Most recently...
  8. Remove Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Parental Controls: I simply want to remove parental controls from my account. I have been on a chat for an hour with no success. Please tell me how to accomplish this. I have "clicked the three dots" as asked. I have clicked on "manage consent" as asked. it is a circle of events. Most recently...
  9. Remove Parental Controls

10. How effective is a router for parental controls?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How effective is a router for parental controls?: My son wants to install Windows 7 in his Windows 10 PC so he can dual boot to any of the two. I am aware that Windows 7 is insecure and no longer supported, so before saying no and sticking to Windows 10 parental controls (which is not great but isnt too bad either), I...