Windows 10: Link Broken?

Discus and support Link Broken? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MartinNalugon, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Link Broken?

The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which is the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter.

The problem is that the link appears to be broken or down and it says:

404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Is it only me or is it really just down?

:)

MartinNalugon, Aug 24, 2020
  2. yogalD Win User

Settings links broken

Looks like some of the links in Windows Settings are broken (I think they only broke after the Anniversary Update). If anyone knows how to fix this it would be most welcome.

• In Settings>System>About, clicking "Device Manager" at the bottom of the page results in an error:
      Link Broken? [​IMG]
    • Every link to Device Manager in Settings gives the same error
    • System>Display>Advanced Display Settings>Color Management, Color Calibration, ClearType text, and Display adapter properties give an error
    • Devices>Mouse and Touchpad>Additional mouse options: error again
    • Network & Internet>Change adapter options: error
    • Probably many more links are broken, I didn't bother to check.
    Seriously, WTF Microsoft. And I'm usually the one who never has any problems with Windows, so this must be serious.

yogalD, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Azhar Win User
    RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Link Broken?

MSRT Download link is Broken

Thanks for the link. I'm still looking for a static link where i can download the latest MSRT package.. It would be bit difficult for layman to go through the whole list and download.. I hope MS will fix those broken links soon.

VigneshKumar_M, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Link Broken?

1. Link Broken? - Similar Threads - Link Broken

2. My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?: I use a Samsung S20 phone but my phone fell and my screen is bad totally blank, but still on. I didn't fully complete my Phone Link set up earlier, so I'm unable to access my phone settings to allow the permissions needed for me for me to able to view my screen from my PC. Is...
  3. My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?: I use a Samsung S20 phone but my phone fell and my screen is bad totally blank, but still on. I didn't fully complete my Phone Link set up earlier, so I'm unable to access my phone settings to allow the permissions needed for me for me to able to view my screen from my PC. Is...
  4. Why do virus info pages have broken link years later?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do virus info pages have broken link years later?: The MS Safety Scanner link is no longer functioning, and the issue was reported six years ago per old forum posts herein. OK, that's one issue. Bigger issue: why do virus info pages still direct users to that broken link? Have a little empathy... a user is freaking out over a...
  5. Why do virus info pages have broken link years later?

Why do virus info pages have broken link years later?: The MS Safety Scanner link is no longer functioning, and the issue was reported six years ago per old forum posts herein. OK, that's one issue. Bigger issue: why do virus info pages still direct users to that broken link? Have a little empathy... a user is freaking out over a...
  6. Is there any possible way to link my broken phone to windows phone link? The screen is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possible way to link my broken phone to windows phone link? The screen is...: Is there any possible way to link my broken phone to windows phone link? The screen is black, but it is still receiving notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-possible-way-to-link-my-broken-phone/019a5ea8-427c-443c-b7b0-e80fc9c6d021
  7. Is there any possible way to link my broken phone to windows phone link? The screen is...

Is there any possible way to link my broken phone to windows phone link? The screen is...: Is there any possible way to link my broken phone to windows phone link? The screen is black, but it is still receiving notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-possible-way-to-link-my-broken-phone/019a5ea8-427c-443c-b7b0-e80fc9c6d021
  8. Windows Phone 7 Software Link via Microsoft Broken. Trying to get old Zune working

Windows Phone 7 Software Link via Microsoft Broken. Trying to get old Zune working: The Windows Phone 7 software link doesn't work anymore to be able to download the software. Trying to get a Zune up and going. Can I please be sent the link from Microsoft to get the Zune installer...
  9. Windows Phone 7 Software Link via Microsoft Broken. Trying to get old Zune working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone 7 Software Link via Microsoft Broken. Trying to get old Zune working: The Windows Phone 7 software link doesn't work anymore to be able to download the software. Trying to get a Zune up and going. Can I please be sent the link from Microsoft to get the Zune installer...
  10. How can I link my laptop with broken screen, to my Samsung Galaxy 13 and see the screen on...

How can I link my laptop with broken screen, to my Samsung Galaxy 13 and see the screen on...: My hp laptop screen is busted and I need to find an app to show my computer screen on my Samsung Galaxy phone so I can access my info for school. Can u help me please . Which app and how do I do it?...