Windows 10: Link not opening

Discus and support Link not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I can't get links in my email to open. I'm worried that I have inadvertently deleted an app that has something to do with opening links. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChanningAgwamin, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Link not opening

Hello, I can't get links in my email to open. I'm worried that I have inadvertently deleted an app that has something to do with opening links. I thought I had only deleted games I don't play. I'm not sure if I can open other links, but I'll try now, while I'm waiting for your blessed ideas on what I can do to reinstate this action. Thank you.

:)

ChanningAgwamin, Mar 30, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Link not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Link not opening

Links wont open

Hi Caleb,

The challenge that you are experiencing with opening links that you click on can occur due to several reasons, such as, browser issues, hyperlink issues, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • What's your default browser? Have you tried setting up a different browser as your default browser?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Link not opening

1. Link not opening - Similar Threads - Link opening

2. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  3. Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even...: Why do some links STILL open with Edge after setting my default browser to NOT edge, even after the EU ruling in 2010; and dont say its to do with non URLs...
  4. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  5. How to stop Edge opening for links

How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  6. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...
  7. How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...

How do I set Outlook365 as default app to open links to e-mail addresses in documents and...: I have recently switched to windows 11 and I have an issue with opening e-mails when clicking on an e-mail link in a webpage or in a document.I cannot seem to find how to set my Outlook desktop app Outlook 365 as the default. It only opens outlook on the web...
  8. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  9. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  10. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Customization