Windows 10: Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps)

Discus and support Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have internet that goes up to 200 Mbps but when i go into Ethernet setting I can only get up to 100 Mbps. I have checked both sides of the cable and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RealityQTs, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps)

I have internet that goes up to 200 Mbps but when i go into Ethernet setting I can only get up to 100 Mbps. I have checked both sides of the cable and all of the pins seem to be fine. I've done everything in the settings. I have a Cat5e cable, it is fairly old at this point but is there anything I can do to try and fix it before just buying a new cable?

submitted by /u/RealityQTs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RealityQTs, Dec 6, 2020

2. cannot exceed 100 mbps

6/22/2020

I subscribe to Spectrum for their ultra fast internet. Their tech came to my house and said that he measured a speed of 400 plus mbps at the modem. He said the refurbished router (that Spectrum also provided) may not be performing
    to max and that I should purchase a new router (just to be sure). I did. It did not however change my receiving/sending speeds when using Spectrum's suggested speed test site. I then called Spectrum back and they said my PCI adapter, even though connected
    from the router via an ethernet cable to my desktop's PCI card's adapter directly, still was limited to 100/100 mbps. (Also, my laptop tested at the same exact speed of 94 mbps via wi-fi!) They said the slow internet speeds were due to my computers not
    being able to receive or send the faster internet speeds. So, I asked my friend who suggested that I ask Microsoft if there is a way to increase the speed, apparently limited by my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (on my Desktop). My tech friend said that
    the PCI card mentioned could handle up to 1GB speeds. So, how do I increase the PCI network adapter's speed to accept the 400 mbps speeds. Or is that even verifiable, since my laptops network adapter's speed was limited to 144 mbps and also only received/sent
    94 mbps?

My internet speeds seem to be adequate for my computer use. It's just that I cannot verify that I am getting any of the speeds they say they guarantee. I was hoping that an increase in internet speed would help my television's (ethernet cabled) receiving
    speeds.

So, in sum: 1) Can I change the limits on either of my computers' network adapters? and,

2) How can I measure and verify that Spectrum is really sending me the faster internet speeds they guarantee?

Steve

StevenSippel, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

Hi,

For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was as it should be, but in normal mode it isn't. What else can I do?

What I tried:

1. Uninstall all network drives, and reinstall them;

2. "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal"

3. "ipconfig /release" + "ipconfig /renew"

4. "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"

5. "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" now it is set back to normal

Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps)

internet speed

My ethernet card said transmission speed is 100/100. Is there a way to increase this speed. My internet provider said they are transmitting 400 mbps to me. How do I get my data at this speed on a win 10 pc. CAN IT BE DONE? If not then I need
    to pay for a lesser speed.

jeromewallace, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps)

1. Link speed (Receive/Transmit) 100/100 (Mbps) - Similar Threads - Link speed Receive

2. Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps: Hi there,I have tried almost everything and I am kind of desperate about this, I will tell you first my configurations, then what my problem is exactly and finally I will tell what have I done to try to solve it.Long story short, I contracted a fiber connection up to 400Mbps...
  3. Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps: Hi there,I have tried almost everything and I am kind of desperate about this, I will tell you first my configurations, then what my problem is exactly and finally I will tell what have I done to try to solve it.Long story short, I contracted a fiber connection up to 400Mbps...
  4. <100 Mbps on Gig network

<100 Mbps on Gig network: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  5. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  6. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  7. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  8. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  9. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps: Hi, For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was as it should be, but in normal mode it isn't. What else can I do? What I tried: 1. Uninstall all network drives, and...