Windows 10: Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder

Discus and support Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I use a program called SyncBackPro to quickly backup my data from my computer to my external drive, it only mirrors the differences so the backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spartan, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Spartan Win User

Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder

So I use a program called SyncBackPro to quickly backup my data from my computer to my external drive, it only mirrors the differences so the backup takes only a few seconds.

The other day I noticed that it is copying files from my Documents folder and the progress bar looked like it's going to take ages, and I also noticed in the file names that are being copied MP3s, MP4s, and whatnot so I was like what the heck, those are not in my documents those are in Music/Videos libraries.

I then enabled operating system hidden files and noticed there are 3 "shortcut" links to those libraries:

Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder Documents-Folder.png

I simply deleted those folders and then the backup finished instantly.

Now they are not actual files, they are library links but I dont know why the program was treating them as if the files actually existed there.

I don't know why the heck would Windows put a link to those libraries in the documents folder but I noticed when I upgrade from Build 1909 to Build 2004 those library shortcuts are re-added.

I don't know about you but to me this is a problem to everyone out there as they may be backing up their data with duplicate files making the backup significantly larger due to this

Thoughts?

:)

Spartan, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, Oct 9, 2020
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

Hi Mortiferon

@ C:\Users\username\foldername. ( your user )
    ( Mine is C:\Users\Mike )
    Right click Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, > Properties > Location

Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder [​IMG]

Here you can change the default location of docs, music, pics, vids, to any other location you choose. *Smile
    ( Mine looks different because i change the name & icon on it. )

4. Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive ELink to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder

1. Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder - Similar Threads - Link Music Pics

2. Some problems about the desktop, video, music, documents folder to be fixed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some problems about the desktop, video, music, documents folder to be fixed.: I currently have two folders for Desktop, Music, Videos, Pictures and Documents located in the D: drive and also the C: drive. But I only need the folders to be in the C: drive. So I am looking to see if there is any way that the folders in the D: drive could merge with the...
  3. Some problems about the desktop, video, music, documents folder to be fixed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some problems about the desktop, video, music, documents folder to be fixed.: I currently have two folders for Desktop, Music, Videos, Pictures and Documents located in the D: drive and also the C: drive. But I only need the folders to be in the C: drive. So I am looking to see if there is any way that the folders in the D: drive could merge with the...
  4. Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders: I used to have links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, and Pictures folders on the left. Suddenly, they were gone. This may have happened after a recent update.Now, to access those folders I navigate to Users folder and then to the folder with my username. This is...
  5. Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders: I used to have links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, and Pictures folders on the left. Suddenly, they were gone. This may have happened after a recent update.Now, to access those folders I navigate to Users folder and then to the folder with my username. This is...
  6. Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...

Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...: Below in the folders in Box 1 should show underBox 2 and 3. Can.t seem to have it working even after 3 resets. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-folders-from-file-explorerdownloads/6f9e379b-9b5f-4bf4-9f76-377f7fe143af
  7. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  8. Rename Documents and Music folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename Documents and Music folders?: hi, just read this forum again and i'm not so sure if my problems related to this or not. Anyway, wanna know can i Rename the Folders and How can i do it. I've marked the folders that i want to rename in the picture. [img] this issue suddenly happens after the latest...
  9. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...
  10. Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc: You might want to check out this tutorial also Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials