Windows 10: Link to user files on startup

Discus and support Link to user files on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update, I am treated as a new user when I logon. The folders under This PC\Documents, etc. are empty. I looked in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruceCook5, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Link to user files on startup

After a recent Windows 10 update, I am treated as a new user when I logon. The folders under This PC\Documents, etc. are empty. I looked in the C:\Windows\User directory are still there so I have not lost data, however, they are no longer connected to 'This PC' when I logon. How do I re-establish the link between my User and my files?

:)

BruceCook5, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Link to user files on startup

Other User on startup screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before proceeding, we would like to know if that another account is Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the step provided below to switch user.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.

• Click on Switch User.

• And select your user account.

Follow the steps provided below to remove Microsoft account.

• Press Windows + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• In your accounts, at the bottom click on the account you want to remove.

• Then click on Remove button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Link to user files on startup

1. Link to user files on startup - Similar Threads - Link user files

2. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  3. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  4. switching users on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch users on my pc, I've tried everything I could think of, from checking BIOS to running system scans to making sure he has admin privileges through regedit. PLEASE HELP...
  5. User startup error

in Windows 10 Customization
    User startup error: I am getting an error on bootup that says Location not available...c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\ desktop is unavailable. Two people use this computer. This is only happening with one user. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  6. Users accounts linked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users accounts linked: Within our family microsoft account one of my child's has become linked or synced with mine and is receiving my email notifications and browsing history. Secret online Xmas shopping impossible.... Please help!...
  7. User name on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User name on Startup: I have been struggling with this problem for sometime now. As my computer starts up and it shows the welcome screen it displays a name. I'm trying to change that name. I've tried many different approaches to change this and get it to stay permanently. On doing my research...
  8. Switching user at startup.

Switching user at startup.: Hello, I inherited a laptop from my dad which I put Windows 10 onto last week. I know the admin username and password but not the login details of his girlfriend (Not on speaking terms). Unfortunately today, the laptop has decided to startup showing her account and is...
  9. Startup user is not in user list

Startup user is not in user list: At startup Win 10 quickly goes to a user and says "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK and then select the proper user from a list on the left of the screen, then click "Sign In" and everything is fine. That first user is not in my list of users....
  10. Changing user at startup

Changing user at startup: I attempted to login as Administrator unsuccessfully. I did a hard reboot but no am automatically logged as Administrator, unsuccessfully, of course. If I see alternate users, it flashes quickly. How can return to my normal user login? 99899