Windows 10: "Link to Windows" doesn't work?

Discus and support "Link to Windows" doesn't work? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to connect my mobile phone, Samsung Galaxy A50 with Android 10, to my PC via "Link to Windows". But nothing works. On the mobile phone I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Merkado, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Merkado Win User

"Link to Windows" doesn't work?

I want to connect my mobile phone, Samsung Galaxy A50 with Android 10, to my PC via "Link to Windows". But nothing works.

On the mobile phone I logged in 100% secure with the correct Microsoft account (i.e. the one I use on the PC). On the mobile phone it says "Look on your PC" all the time, on the PC it says "We are almost done". Minutes pass, then the message "Cannot connect to your smartphone" appears in a yellow box at the top of the PC and the option "Resend notification" appears at the bottom. Tried several times, always the same thing again.

If I now log on to Microsoft on my PC in the browser, my mobile phone is listed there. When I click on it, it says "Instant access to ... your Android phone ... with the app "Your Smartphone".

And yes, PC and mobile phone are in the same WLAN, the router settings allow communication between the devices and on the mobile phone everything is set correctly. I have also completely removed the phone from my account several times and added it again, nothing changes.

What else could I try? Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

:)

Merkado, Jun 13, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"Link to Windows" doesn't work? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 13, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

"Link to Windows" doesn't work? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. "Link to Windows" doesn't work? - Similar Threads - Link doesn't

2. Account linked to gmail doesn't exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account linked to gmail doesn't exist.: Hi,My son used his Gmail account to log into minecraft/microsoft. On March 28th he got his new Windows laptop and we tried to set it up with his Gmail account.We got the massage, we couldn't log in because the account doesn't exist. We tried to log into Minecraft on another...
  3. Account linked to gmail doesn't exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account linked to gmail doesn't exist.: Hi,My son used his Gmail account to log into minecraft/microsoft. On March 28th he got his new Windows laptop and we tried to set it up with his Gmail account.We got the massage, we couldn't log in because the account doesn't exist. We tried to log into Minecraft on another...
  4. Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone: Microsoft states that OnePlus is now supported for showing my android apps in Phone link, yet they do not. In the Features section, Apps doesn't even show. My device is the OnePlus Open with up-to-date OS and apps.Everything works fine for syncing notifications, photos,...
  5. Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone

Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone: Microsoft states that OnePlus is now supported for showing my android apps in Phone link, yet they do not. In the Features section, Apps doesn't even show. My device is the OnePlus Open with up-to-date OS and apps.Everything works fine for syncing notifications, photos,...
  6. S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link: Whenever I try to initiate or answer a call on my PC via Phone Link app, it will make/ answer the call but the sound/ audio will play through my phone instead of my PC. When in a call, I will select my PC as the Bluetooth source output but within a few seconds it turns off...
  7. S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link

S22 Ultra doesn't maintain bluetooth output for call on PC via Phone Link: Whenever I try to initiate or answer a call on my PC via Phone Link app, it will make/ answer the call but the sound/ audio will play through my phone instead of my PC. When in a call, I will select my PC as the Bluetooth source output but within a few seconds it turns off...
  8. Why doesn't Phone Link support RCS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Phone Link support RCS?: The only way you can send RCS messages through Microsoft Phone Link is by having a Samsung phone that's set to use the Samsung Messages app and allowed to use RCS in that app by your carrier. That's completely ridiculous in 2024. RCS is not a new thing or special feature...
  9. Why doesn't Phone Link support RCS?

Why doesn't Phone Link support RCS?: The only way you can send RCS messages through Microsoft Phone Link is by having a Samsung phone that's set to use the Samsung Messages app and allowed to use RCS in that app by your carrier. That's completely ridiculous in 2024. RCS is not a new thing or special feature...
  10. Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...

Unable to sign in to Link To Windows on my phone because "my Microsoft account type doesn't...: So I've been trying to link my phone to my Windows, but for some reason time I try to log in to my phone's Link To Windows app it gives me a message saying "This type of account doesn't work with this particular service". I've never had this problem before and it has always...