Windows 10: Linked email accounts.

Discus and support Linked email accounts. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My sister in law created an msn account years ago and added another account for her brother. My brother wants to take ownership of his email so he... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RubenAguilar3, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Linked email accounts.

My sister in law created an msn account years ago and added another account for her brother. My brother wants to take ownership of his email so he doesnt have to get permissions from her main account. How can he do this and not lose his account?

* Moved from MSN

** Moved from: Outlook.com / My Account and information / Other **

:)

RubenAguilar3, Oct 21, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 21, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 21, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Linked email accounts.

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Java/OpenStream.W.
    is this link and it does not apear that it sends emails
    http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-139044-en--Trojan.Downloader.Java.Openstream.W.html

Java/Rowindal.A
    IS this link, this also doesnt seem to send emails
    Trojan:Java/Rowindal Description | F-Secure Labs

They both however will download more maleware that may have been responsible for the emails

DRDNA, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Linked email accounts.

1. Linked email accounts. - Similar Threads - Linked email accounts

2. Delete linked email account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete linked email account on Windows 11: Under Accounts used by other apps, I need to delete the first account but there is no Remove option. How do I do it? I don't have access to that email account....
  3. Delete linked email account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete linked email account on Windows 11: Under Accounts used by other apps, I need to delete the first account but there is no Remove option. How do I do it? I don't have access to that email account....
  4. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  5. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  6. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

7. Linked email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linked email accounts: We've been trying to remove my husband's hotmail account from Windows and Windows 365 but they keep popping up. We only want his one gmail account for all of his Windows accounts....
  8. Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email: I've set up my Windows 10 mail so that multiple web-based email accounts all send email to my Windows10 email. This includes a substantial list of contacts on a gmail account. But now, in addition to showing my Windows email "Inbox" it also shows all of the "Inboxes" for...
  9. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge: Hi, I loaned my laptop to a friend and, while she had it, she somehow managed to establish her email address as the email address displayed in Microsoft Edge. So every time I open Microsoft Edge my friend's name is identified in the top right hand corner as being the linked...
  10. Email and linked accounts

Email and linked accounts: I have a new surface and am trying to set it up with two of my email accounts. I thought I did everything correctly, including linking them so they would all come through email together but I am only getting the emails from one of the accounts and not the other even though...