Windows 10: Linked microsoft account to Win10 Activation - Lost start menu.

Discus and support Linked microsoft account to Win10 Activation - Lost start menu. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I just linked my Microsoft account to this brand new fresh win10 install. Then, immediately lost my start menu. Last time this happened, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikem444, Mar 28, 2020.

1. mikem444 Win User

Linked microsoft account to Win10 Activation - Lost start menu.

Hi all, I just linked my Microsoft account to this brand new fresh win10 install. Then, immediately lost my start menu. Last time this happened, it cascaded into the lose of all windows function. Help

:)

mikem444, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Mar 28, 2020
  3. DonGirvin Win User
    LOST WINDOWS 10 START MENU

After trying all suggested fixes, I finally was forced to use Windows Recovery under Settings to reload the full system. I lost all non-Microsoft applications but recovered the start menu. Though this was a painful, no other suggestions worked.

Windows created an HTML file listing all programs that was deleted and that was very helpful for reinstalling mt lost programs.

Thanks to everyone for their effort, perhaps Microsoft will discover the root cause of so many who are losing the Start menu and can prevent it in the future.

DonGirvin, Mar 28, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Linked microsoft account to Win10 Activation - Lost start menu. - Similar Threads - Linked microsoft account

2. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  3. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  4. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  5. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  6. Lost Win10 Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Win10 Activation: My offline Win10 has suddenly starting having issues - very slow, minutes of dead time, and now says Win10 is not even activated after using almost a year - Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-win10-activation/be34a013-0c40-4474-a718-d87504169690
  7. Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account: I have Win 10 and it is activated with a Digital Licence. However everytime I try to link it to my MS Account it states that "Something Went Wrong" and does not give me the oppotunity to link. This may also be linked to the inability to run Edge and MS Store. I tried to...
  8. Other user accounts lost start menu pins

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other user accounts lost start menu pins: So this morning I turn on and manually check store for app updates as usual. Then I start to login to the other family user accounts on the pc like I often do to check said app updates still work. I was a little concerned to see on all user accounts (apart from mine) that all...
  9. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Start Menu: After the latest update, my Windows 10 laptop seems 'stuck' on tiles. I loathe tiles. I want my start menu back, and when the tiles are active, the start menu doesn't work. For some reason, I'm also again back with Cortana 'active.' Cortana is clearly the work of the...
  10. Lost Start Menu and Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Start Menu and Search: For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu? Winkey + I did it. 6925