Windows 10: Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...

Discus and support Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All,I have three Windows 7 Pro License key through a school I attended in 2008. All three took part in the Windows 10 free upgrade and all three are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Spencer Roser, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...

Hi All,I have three Windows 7 Pro License key through a school I attended in 2008. All three took part in the Windows 10 free upgrade and all three are in use on Windows 10/11 installs.I decided to replace the motherboard and CPU in one of the machines and fresh install Windows 11. I linked my Microsoft account that has my digital licenses but activation failed. I tried using the recently changed hardware option but that failed as well.I reached out to support who checked two of the three keys. They tried telling me that one of them was actually an Office Home and Student key I've never had

:)

Spencer Roser, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Kursah Win User

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change , https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/55398-microsoft-account-link-digital-license-windows-10-pc.html , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Mar 4, 2024
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...

1. Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being... - Similar Threads - Linked Microsoft licenses

2. Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...: Hi All,I have three Windows 7 Pro License key through a school I attended in 2008. All three took part in the Windows 10 free upgrade and all three are in use on Windows 10/11 installs.I decided to replace the motherboard and CPU in one of the machines and fresh install...
  3. Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linked my Microsoft to two windows 7 licenses after upgrading to Windows 10 but am being...: Hi All,I have three Windows 7 Pro License key through a school I attended in 2008. All three took part in the Windows 10 free upgrade and all three are in use on Windows 10/11 installs.I decided to replace the motherboard and CPU in one of the machines and fresh install...
  4. am not able upgrade my windows from 7 to 10

am not able upgrade my windows from 7 to 10: even after watching a lot of videos from youtube I am not upgrade my windows from 7 to 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-not-able-upgrade-my-windows-from-7-to-10/fd6709ca-a3b4-4b3f-a70c-4da101da7a23
  5. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account: I just completed the upgrade to Windows 10 but did not need to input a license key#. Apparently, my Windows 10 is activated with a digital license linked to my MS account. Does anyone know whether there is an expiry date for such license? For example, my MS account was...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account: I just completed the upgrade to Windows 10 but did not need to input a license key#. Apparently, my Windows 10 is activated with a digital license linked to my MS account. Does anyone know whether there is an expiry date for such license? For example, my MS account was...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account

8. windows 10 upgrade via linked license

windows 10 upgrade via linked license: either me or a family member is thinking about getting a laptop for me, but i'm stuck on the licensing part. i'm pretty sure i have a digital pro license linked to my account, but don't know how to upgrade from without a product key or buying a new license. my current laptop...
  9. Windows License linked to my Microsoft account

Windows License linked to my Microsoft account: Hello. Im in the process of rebuilding a new PC. Only 1 thing was gonna be brought forward and it was my 1 TB seagate drive and well .. my dog chewed and slobbered on it for 8 hours while i was at work and its literally unusable i lost everything. Im a novice in this world...
  10. Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license: I have a retail version of Windows 7 Pro Some time ago i took advantage to upgrade my o/s to Windows 10 . I currently sign into PC with a microsoft account. Motherboard on PC may be giving up on me so I wish to replace it. I have done a bit of research and it...