Windows 10: Linkedin always displaying the cookie notice

Discus and support Linkedin always displaying the cookie notice in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi guys, this is really bizarre, no matter what browser i am on, every time i load linkedin i get the annoying cookie notice, i just tested on my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gabgab, Apr 17, 2019.

1. gabgab Win User

Linkedin always displaying the cookie notice

hi guys,

this is really bizarre, no matter what browser i am on, every time i load linkedin i get the annoying cookie notice, i just tested on my wife's computer and there seems fine on Edge, so something on my machine.

I have reported the problem to MS support on twitter as well as on linkedin's but at this point I don't understand where the problem lies, just scanned for malware or ad aware stuff, but everything seems normal.

we tried to block/unblock cookies but nothing changed. clearing MS edge or running cleaner once then same problem occurs.

any ideas? it seems as though my machine doesn't like linkedin's cookie notice - globally.

thanks,
    Gabrio
    Linkedin always displaying the cookie notice [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Browsers versions:

Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0

Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

FF Quantum 66.0.3 (64-bit)

:)

gabgab, Apr 17, 2019
  2. RoyceFu Win User

LinkedIn emails not displaying properly

In my oem email app emails from LinkedIn display as if the right-most quarter have been chopped off. This only happens with LinkedIn emails. I contacted LinkedIn and after an investigation they concluded the problem is with the app and suggested I use the
    app MetroMail. Their emails display fine in MetroMail but other than the display issue with LinkedIn emails I prefer the oem email app.

LinkedIn emails used to display fine but several months ago they started displaying as per above.

I don't see anyone else posting this issue so maybe there is something specific on my app? Any thoughts?

I am running WP 8.1, on a Lumia 920 on the Rogers network

OS version 8.10.12393.890

Firmware 3051.50009.1424.0000

Radio: 1.0.202184.3

Chip: 8960

RoyceFu, Apr 17, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hate Cookie popup notices? Gizmo suggests a solution...

Legislation (in the UK at least) led to sites having to disclose the fact they actually (shock, horror) created data files on our PCs. Whilst to a few, this may have been troubling, most of us knew anyway, of course.

I've just lived with the continual barrage of popups telling me about this without really thinking about it. But now Gizmo's regular email suggests these solutions:

How To Stop "This Website Uses Cookies" Notice Up In Your Browser | Gizmo's Freeware

May the cookie notices crumble.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Linkedin always displaying the cookie notice

Notice of cookies and notice of privacy keep appearing on one website

Hello Ernst,

The notice regarding the usage of cookies on a website is normal. However, if it the notice shows up multiple times even when using different browsers, it might already be a misconfiguration on the website administrator's part. That being said, we'll need
    more information to properly isolate the possible causes of the issue. Please verify the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Is the issue isolated to the website you mentioned in your post?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when accessing the same website using a different device?
    • Does the same issue occur when you're connected to a different network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What is the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

Devlin Sco, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Linkedin always displaying the cookie notice

1. Linkedin always displaying the cookie notice - Similar Threads - Linkedin always displaying

2. Notice about cookies Interfering with my work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notice about cookies Interfering with my work.: I see in my screen persistently a notice "A **** wants to use xxx cookies in your computer" I selected do not allow, blocked it. All this is not working This notice is annoying...
  3. LinkedIn app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LinkedIn app: How do I add the app for LinkedIn to my surface? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linkedin-app/e1ade9e5-3232-4c1e-8a75-21e6fdc26f65
  4. Linkedin Students

Linkedin Students: I was wondering if linked in was available for anybody at all yet on windows 10. Also, will there be a student discount like there was in microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linkedin-students/5d579633-49e2-4905-b874-12410de1ce58
  5. Linkedin in windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Linkedin in windows Store: Hi I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. When I search for LinkedIn app in the windows store , i'm unable to install it I have a Redeem a code instead of the install button need ur help thx...
  6. Cookie notice doesn't want to go away on Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0

in Browsers and Email
    Cookie notice doesn't want to go away on Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0: hi guys, i just noticed that from a few days - i am at a new location - on Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0 the cookie notices are staying on the page, regardless of the fact that I read them or click X or accept or OK. sites where I saw the behaviour happening: LinkedIn: Log In...
  7. Cookie notice doesn't want to go away on Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0

in Windows 10 Support
    Cookie notice doesn't want to go away on Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0: hi guys, i just noticed that from a few days - i am at a new location - on Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0 the cookie notices are staying on the page, regardless of the fact that I read them or click X or accept or OK. sites where I saw the behaviour happening: LinkedIn: Log In...
  8. Hate Cookie popup notices? Gizmo suggests a solution...

in Browsers and Email
    Hate Cookie popup notices? Gizmo suggests a solution...: Legislation (in the UK at least) led to sites having to disclose the fact they actually (shock, horror) created data files on our PCs. Whilst to a few, this may have been troubling, most of us knew anyway, of course. I've just lived with the continual barrage of popups...
  9. Videos not displaying properly in Facebook or Linkedin since last WIndows Update

Videos not displaying properly in Facebook or Linkedin since last WIndows Update: Hello ALL! Hadn't updated my computer in a couple of months. My computer updated for me last week - and now all videos in Facebook or Linkedin display "extra large" - they no longer display at correct size - its like Im playing them at 250%!! Anyone having this issue? Any...
  10. cookies???

in Browsers and Email
    cookies???: Running W10, (mostly) using Chrome browser. How do I delete cookies? Thanks in advance 45492