Windows 10: Linking a microsoft account to my win10 PC is asking an applocation

Discus and support Linking a microsoft account to my win10 PC is asking an applocation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I recently disconnected my microsoft account from my PC to go for a local account, and now if i go to settings->account and i click on ' Connect... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EniotnaEG, Jan 29, 2020.

1. EniotnaEG Win User

Linking a microsoft account to my win10 PC is asking an applocation

Hi,

I recently disconnected my microsoft account from my PC to go for a local account, and now if i go to settings->account and i click on ' Connect with a microsoft account' , a window appears and tells me it needs an app to do that. I click 'Yes', it opens Microsoft Store, then nothing happens...

Trying to connect via microsoft Store doesn't work as well.

Any help ?

Regards

:)

EniotnaEG, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jan 29, 2020
  3. How to check linked license in Microsoft account

Hello all

A while ago I bought a new pc.

During the installation it asked me to register my Win10 with my Microsoft account.

It then showed a listed of linked licenses, but now I can't find it anywhere.

So my question is: where on the Microsoft website can I see which Office or Windows cd-keys are linked to my Microsoft account?

Thanks!

Kind regards

G

***Modified title from: Online list of linked licenses***

gerrymarien, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Linking a microsoft account to my win10 PC is asking an applocation

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Linking a microsoft account to my win10 PC is asking an applocation

1. Linking a microsoft account to my win10 PC is asking an applocation - Similar Threads - Linking microsoft account

2. Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.: MinecraftClientLinkingRemoteconnectMicrosoftCodeA Minecraft client is asking to link my account to be able to use my Microsoft Minecraft account in their client launcher. It uses remoteconnect and specifically this link https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf Is this...
  3. Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.: MinecraftClientLinkingRemoteconnectMicrosoftCodeA Minecraft client is asking to link my account to be able to use my Microsoft Minecraft account in their client launcher. It uses remoteconnect and specifically this link https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf Is this...
  4. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  5. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  6. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.: After not using it for a few days, it asked me to verify my microsoft account. I was able to use cntrl alt dlt to get out and i was still logged in, and scanned for viruses. it said there were none. could there be malware?...
  8. In the Microsoft account how do I see all my linked Win10 PC names

In the Microsoft account how do I see all my linked Win10 PC names: I need to clean up my Microsoft Account. I need to know how to see all my windows 10 PC names in my Microsoft Account. I can see the 2 that are on. But I had like 6 PC with Win 10 on them and I got rid of 3. Can you tell me where to find that info and how to delete them....
  9. Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account: I have Win 10 and it is activated with a Digital Licence. However everytime I try to link it to my MS Account it states that "Something Went Wrong" and does not give me the oppotunity to link. This may also be linked to the inability to run Edge and MS Store. I tried to...
  10. Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account

Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account: In Windows 10 settings, under Accounts > Your Info ... I'm trying to use the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option. My user account has always been local but I'm building a new PC and want to make sure my license is on my Microsoft account so I can activate...