Windows 10: Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

Discus and support Linking another user profile path to the current user profile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OsLOsT, Aug 4, 2018.

1. OsLOsT Win User

Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the way and end up going into win + r and type in netplwiz which brings up user account. I click on edit and accidentally hit on a key which I try to type back my name however when I exited the properties page, I found out that my user account user name change from my live account email to the user name that I originally key in. So i though nothing was wrong until I restarted my com to realize that I became a guest account without an administrator in my computer.

After a few days of panicking, I managed to approach a friend which he tried to help me get back my administrator account by booting into Ubuntu. After a few hours of messing around, I finally managed to get a hold of an administrator account and created a local account. So after that he went under user to share the files in my old account by clicking share -> advanced setting -> security where he went to add my current admin account.

After the transfer and all that, i managed to see my original account personalisation and files. But the next days after when I turn on my com, I found out that when I tried to sign in, windows was writing preparing windows and when i finally managed to log in, I was in a temp profile and then my friend came to help me again by going to regedit to edit the profile and stuff but i could restore the things i once had. So now, I'm stuck with the temp profile and I do not dare to shut down my com as I know that when I log out, the things I made changes to my temp profile will be wiped out.

So I hope that the support team or the community have a way to link my original user profile to this current account as my original account was being deleted but the user folder is still there with all its data.

:)

OsLOsT, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Rose Ter Win User

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Aug 4, 2018
  3. User Profiles not uploading at Start

Hi Ernie,

Your computer might have experience a fresh start when the upgrade occurred last December 16, 2017, and the user profiles on it got affected as well. However, let us not jump into any conclusions yet until we isolated your concern. Let's see if we'll be
    able to recover the missing user profile using a command line in command prompt.

• Open CMD as Administrator.
    • Enter this command "net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name][Missing User] /add".
    • Once done, restart your computer.

You may also check if you'll see the missing user profile/s in Local User and Groups manager. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows + R on your keyboard, then type in lusrmgr.msc.
    • Click on Users, then check if the missing user profile is on the right pane.

Let us know if the above steps worked.

Carlos Tin, Aug 4, 2018
  4. avi12641 Win User

How to modify user Microsoft user account profile path

Hello. The
    link
    you provided me did not help me.

My name on my Microsoft account is avi12. I want my profile to be in the path C:\Users\avi12.

However, my Email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Therefore, the path of the profile is C:\Users\avi61.

I want my path to be as my nickname, avi12, so the path will be C:\Users\avi12.

If I modify the registry file "ProfileImagePath", located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ ProfileList , this damages the system, and causes to not be able to launch any app, not even the Windows
    Store app.

I want to be able to change the path without causing
    any damage. How can I do that?

avi12641, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Linking another user profile path to the current user profile - Similar Threads - Linking another user

2. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  3. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  4. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  6. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  7. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cannot create another user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create another user profile: I tried to create another user other than family, but when I click on other user, nothing happens. My windows is legit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-another-user-profile/2240b61c-82e7-4100-9b77-39c57026b36b
  9. How to Transfer User Profile to Another User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Transfer User Profile to Another User: Is there a way to create a new users account on the same PC such that it will have access to the same program and document files as an existing users account? Local Users Administrator, DISABLED, Member of Administrators DefaultAccount , DISABLED, Member of Users Guest,...
  10. Cannot add another User profile..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add another User profile..: I started a clean install yesterday and after today I am trying to install another user profile. I went to settings; Accounts; Family and other users; Add someone else to this PC; and all I get is "Something went wrong". Any ideas? 30055

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linking to another user

2. set up computer user path to duplicate another computer for file linking