Windows 10: Linking Device to my Account

Discus and support Linking Device to my Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to open an app I downloaded, error window says it can't be opened because my device is not linked to my account. But in order to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mehurst, Apr 4, 2020.

1. mehurst Win User

Linking Device to my Account

Trying to open an app I downloaded, error window says it can't be opened because my device is not linked to my account. But in order to access the store I had to be signed into my account. What do I have to do to link my device?

:)

mehurst, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Linking Device to my Account

‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’

Hello Greg,

I recently upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. When I try to install a game, while signed into my account, from the MS webpage, I get a dialog box stating:

Where do you want to install?

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

My account manger shows my PC on my devices' listing page. I linked to the manager using the same account, which displays "My account login" on both the page trying to install and the devices listing. Apparently the dialog cannot access the devices linked
    to my account.

When I did not use the "...." -> "Install on my devices" and just clicked "Install/play" the install did kick off and is apparently working.

Chillin369, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Linking Device to my Account

1. Linking Device to my Account - Similar Threads - Linking Device Account

2. Can't link android device to windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't link android device to windows account: I followed all of the instructions on https://account.microsoft.com/devices?fref=home.drawers.devices.warm-add-device to add an android device. It still shows as "0 devices linked" on https://account.microsoft.com/devices/android-ios Short version, I have Link to Windows/Your...
  3. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  4. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  5. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do i link my Microsoft Account to my device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do i link my Microsoft Account to my device: I'm trying to download an app from the Microsoft Store but it keeps on showing"It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with you're Microsoft Account."...
  7. Resolved - Device linked to account deactivated by mistake

Resolved - Device linked to account deactivated by mistake: Hi, I've just updated major components in my PC. I've made a fresh install of windows but could not find the install key as I use a pendrive to install it and have misplaced the disk. Havent used disk drives for years now. My understanding was that the license was linked...
  8. Device linked to account deactivated by mistake

Device linked to account deactivated by mistake: Hi, I've just updated major components in my PC. I've made a fresh install of windows but could not find the install key as I use a pendrive to install it and have misplaced the disk. Havent used disk drives for years now. My understanding was that the license was linked...
  9. Link My Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link My Accounts: How do I link my two Microsoft accounts that are both @gmail.com? I am trying to add my laptop device to one of my accounts where I just bought an app that I would like to use on my new laptop. Your help is appreciated....
  10. ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’: i have been trying to download sims 4 on my windows 10 lenovo. It says ‘you own this game’ and gives me the option to ‘install on my devices’ however when i click this, it tells me i dont have any applicable devices linked to my microsoft account. I do have a microsoft...