Windows 10: Linking duplicates isn't working on Photos app, anyway to disable cr2 from showing?

Discus and support Linking duplicates isn't working on Photos app, anyway to disable cr2 from showing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I really like the windows 10 Photos app. It's pleasing to look at and work with. The only problem is that it continues to show cr2 files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by marcov1, Dec 5, 2018.

1. marcov1 Win User

Linking duplicates isn't working on Photos app, anyway to disable cr2 from showing?

Hi all,

I really like the windows 10 Photos app. It's pleasing to look at and work with. The only problem is that it continues to show cr2 files and the problem with that is that it takes too long to load. I've tried deleting both cr2 registries and even a couple more using cntrl+f. Whenever I reboot my computer they reappear. The option to link duplicates in the Photos app also isn't working. It still shows my jpeg and cr2 files. If anyone has any solutions please help out. I've tried other applications but they just don't have the flurr that window's Photos has.

Thanks

:)

marcov1, Dec 5, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

"Linked Duplicates" was already turned on. When I import the photos they come in as IMG_1.CR2, IMG_1.JPG, IMG_2.CR2, IMG_2.JPG, etc.
    I change the sort order to show first all CR2 and then all JPG.
    I go into Windows Photo Viewer, open the 1st .JPG photo and then try to > to the next .JPG - I get CR2 instead!

maxiesdemon, Dec 5, 2018
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Linking duplicates isn't working on Photos app, anyway to disable cr2 from showing?

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

For details on the Photos app sort order, see a previous post of mine in this post:
    Windows 10 photo viewer

If you want to view all the JPG's without the Canon CR2 raw files, then go to Photos App > Settings > and turn on 'Linked Duplicates'. "Exact Duplicates are shown as a single file. This might include copies saved in different folders and RAW files.

ARC1020, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Linking duplicates isn't working on Photos app, anyway to disable cr2 from showing? - Similar Threads - Linking duplicates isn't

2. Phone Link isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link isn't working: So I saw all of the fixes for the phone link like uninstalling or resetting it, however when I find it under system components or installed apps, I can click on it or the three dots and click advanced settings and all it does is spin. It doesn't actually load the app. Is...
  3. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  4. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  5. Windows 10 photos app duplicate project storyboard not showing

Windows 10 photos app duplicate project storyboard not showing: , For the week before Covid vaccination day at our long-term care community, I am doing small videos 1 per day. I have one completed for the 75th day before.. It is made up of still photos and MP4s. Some of the pieces are simply clipart 5s and an Mp4 with a blinking 5. I...
  6. How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I open a cr2 with the "photos" app: Hi, I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now when I want to open a cr2 file, there is no "photos" under the "open with" option. When I open a jpg with the photos app and klick next, the cr2 image shows up with no problem. But I can't open the cr2 file directly, because...
  7. a PC Photo Duplicate APP

a PC Photo Duplicate APP: Has anyone found a PHOTO DUPLICATE APP for (Windows) PC...that works? I had found a great one 2 years ago. It is no longer available. Thank you. I have 100,000+ photos and can NOT find any Programs/Apps that locates Dupes. Thank you! n Nashville...
  8. Photos App Duplications

Photos App Duplications: Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4 duplicates (copy) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-duplications/70619657-4ad8-4012-b37e-b5992dfa6e84
  9. Photo App creating duplicates

Photo App creating duplicates: When I import photos into Windows 10 from my phone each picture is shown as duplicated in the app. If I open file explorer there is only one picture in the original folder. I do not understand why it shows two of everything in the photo app. Is anyone else experiencing this...
  10. Turn On or Off Linked Duplicates in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Linked Duplicates in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Turn On or Off Linked Duplicates in Windows 10 Photos app How to Turn On or Off Linked Duplicates in Windows 10 Photos app The 3D effects like butterflies, lasers, or explosions that magically appear in your video. When linked duplicates is turned on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linked duplicates cr2 raw files photos application

2. why win10 Photos is showing jpeg and RAW duplivates

3. photo viewer linked duplicates raw