Windows 10: Linking files to another new device

Discus and support Linking files to another new device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My name is Alicia Kelly and recently my laptop has broken down and is getting repaired at this moment and I'm currently on my mothers laptop until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a.licia.k, Sep 5, 2019.

1. a.licia.k Win User

Linking files to another new device

Hi,

My name is Alicia Kelly and recently my laptop has broken down and is getting repaired at this moment and I'm currently on my mothers laptop until mine is functioning again. Its currently assessment week at my school and all my files and assignments I've been completing on my laptop I can't access because its getting repaired. However, I just wanted to know if there is a way I can sign in somehow on my mothers laptop which will allow to me access everything of mine like all my word documents from my original laptop? It would much much appreciated if someone could lend me a hand as I am behind in my assessments and really need to access my documents,

Thank you,

Alicia.

:)

a.licia.k, Sep 5, 2019

2. Unable to add Device (New Speakers)

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Is the sound device recognized by other applications?
    • Are you able to set the audio device as output for audio players?

I suggest you to run the Sound troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and type Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left corner.
    • Click on Playing sound from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to check if the device is listed in playback devices.

• Type sound in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if the device is listed under Playback tab.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 5, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Linking files to another new device - Similar Threads - Linking files another

2. Linking device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Linking device: If I were to ever delink my computer by accident would I just redownload the windows to get it linked? The link you sent worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-device/ad10fb86-b912-47e5-9120-907a228ef63a
  3. Linking device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking device: If I were to ever delink my computer by accident would I just redownload the windows to get it linked? The link you sent worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-device/ad10fb86-b912-47e5-9120-907a228ef63a
  4. Linking device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving Files from one device to another.

Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  6. Achievements not unlocking?/ link unlocked achievements from another device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Achievements not unlocking?/ link unlocked achievements from another device: So I'm playing Minecraft Windows 10 and for months at this point, I haven't been unlocking any achievements even though clearly doing the requirements for them, I did unlock certain achievements on the Minecraft Pocket Edition on the same account, but when I go to the...
  7. Windows links file to another drive

Windows links file to another drive: Hi i want to ask a question that whenever i save a file on my computer in windows drive C: it also shows that file in New Volume H:.I Delete something from windows drie or new volume it deletes from both places. It does not take double space....
  8. loading word on another new device?

loading word on another new device?: I have Microsoft Officeword that I purchased last Fall, on my laptop now...I would like to put it on my desktop as well...I don't have an activation key that I can find? Thank you Loren...
  9. link device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    link device: how do i link my laptop to my microsoft account? i am trying to get up faith and family app on my laptop and i get an error message that says that i have to link my device to my microsoft account first....
  10. ANOTHER BSOD - link to minidump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ANOTHER BSOD - link to minidump: Hello, I have posted previously about a BSOD of death I am getting intermittently ( every month or so) but never did have anyone follow-up after posting minidump file. I have just experienced yet another just now and thought I'd try posting the minidump to have someone...