Windows 10: linking w10 to Microsoft account

Discus and support linking w10 to Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My reading of the Windows 10 user agreement tells me that I may install a single licensed copy of W10 on only one disk at a time. Accordingly, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SamCreason, Dec 25, 2020.

1. linking w10 to Microsoft account

My reading of the Windows 10 user agreement tells me that I may install a single licensed copy of W10 on only one disk at a time. Accordingly, I have two SSDs with two separate, independently licensed installations of w10. I use one for the internet and one for non-internet. Only one SSD is in the computer at any one time. My question is, may I link two or more separate, independent installations to a single Microsoft account?

:)

SamCreason, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Dec 25, 2020
  3. AFJ
    AFJ Win User
    Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?

The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account

4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

4. Zakin Win User

linking w10 to Microsoft account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown linking w10 to Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

linking w10 to Microsoft account

1. linking w10 to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - linking w10 Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  3. Minecraft Microsoft Account Linked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Microsoft Account Linked: I found out that once you link a Minecraft and Microsoft account together you are not able to unlink them or link multiple together. So, if I want to play Minecraft again, I will need to buy Minecraft again and link it to a Microsoft account. I am wondering if there is a way...
  4. microsoft account link with certiport account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account link with certiport account: I have completed and got AZ-900 certificate in certiport but it is not showing in my Microsoft account dashboard, how to link my certiport account with my Microsoft account...
  5. microsoft account link with certiport account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft account link with certiport account: I have completed and got AZ-900 certificate in certiport but it is not showing in my Microsoft account dashboard, how to link my certiport account with my Microsoft account...
  6. Linked Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linked Microsoft account: My laptop is dying, I've bought a new laptop. Problem is, is that im in china, firstly does anyone know how to change the language, if possible. and secondly how do i find out what Microsoft account is connected to windows, so i can use the same account on my new laptop...
  7. linking to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    linking to Microsoft account: I am new to Windows 10 pro version actually which came with a second-hand laptop which I purchased. The firm selling their older laptops had Windows 7 in place and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro before selling, I am using it now as the new owner and at the moment it works...
  8. Linking a Xbox game settings to another account on W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking a Xbox game settings to another account on W10: How can I link an Xbox game such as March of Empieres, MoE, from one account to another on my W10 computer? I am using several accounts connected to different MoE game settings. So it has to be linked to the specific account it self, not the PC. In other words how can I...
  9. Link a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link a microsoft account: How can I link my Microsoft (@hotmail.com) account to my Windows 10 computer without changing my current username and login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-a-microsoft-account/fa8d39bc-031f-4442-8abd-61e54604212d
  10. W10 dwnload link

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 dwnload link: Need a link where my son-n-law can go & dwnload W-10. he applied a month ago and has not heard back from MS !! His comp is capable of running it ! Lots of links around that are questionable to send him to, i want one that you or someone you know personally works without a fee...