Windows 10: Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; To be short: I am wondering about the pros and cons of linking my Windows 10 to my MS account. And, I am unclear if doing that will change my login... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GWilliamT, Sep 2, 2019.

1. GWilliamT Win User

Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account

To be short: I am wondering about the pros and cons of linking my Windows 10 to my MS account.

And, I am unclear if doing that will change my login to my local Windows 10 installation. (My desk top with win10.) I currently use a local pw (administrator).

Thanks for any info.

G

:)

GWilliamT, Sep 2, 2019
  2. AFJ
    AFJ Win User

Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?<br>
    The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account<br>
    4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Linking Win 10 to my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Linking Microsoft Account

2. Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked before if so, please provide a link. My mother bought me a laptop a few years ago with windows 10 installed, then I created a Microsoft account. I'm going to build a computer. Will I be able to use it on a new computer after...
  3. Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked before if so, please provide a link. My mother bought me a laptop a few years ago with windows 10 installed, then I created a Microsoft account. I'm going to build a computer. Will I be able to use it on a new computer after...
  4. Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win 10 license linking to MS account

win 10 license linking to MS account: i have 5 windows 10 upgraded from win7 licenses. so far i have not linked them with microsoft account. can i link all 5 PCs to the same microsoft account ? if so what are the issues that arise from that?thanks...
  6. Microsoft Products Linked to My account

Microsoft Products Linked to My account: Hi, How do I know how many or what are products linked to my Microsoft account Reason why I am asking is , there is a chance to format my system for a reason, so I want to retrieve/retain my Windows 10 and MSOffice 2019 how to take care of these licenses part, My...
  7. Multiple Win 10 devices not staying linked to Microsoft Account

Multiple Win 10 devices not staying linked to Microsoft Account: My workplace has 25 laptops with valid Win 7 keys. They were upgraded to Win 10 with a valid digital license for each. When it came to my attention they are required to be linked for reactivation i.e. in case of hardware change, I established a Microsoft Account for them....
  8. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro: Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue: - I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with Microsoft Account instead") - As note - I can add Microsoft accounts of family members including me. - I also do not see...
  9. My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.

My windows 10 won't link to my Microsoft account.: When I upgraded for free from windows 8 to windows 10 I got a digital license on my microsoft account but somehow I've deleted it when browsing through my account. At the time I contacted the support and was told that once I reinstalled Windows 10 I'd get my license back in...
  10. Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question

Linking Windows 10 to my Microsoft Account Question: OK, I have quite a few PC's all upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8. I have roughly 11 or 12 that are used at various points. So my question is, Can I link all those systems with genuine windows 10 upgrade digital license to the same Microsoft account? I don't want to...