Windows 10: Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account

Discus and support Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop. When I went to link it to my microsoft account I found that in doing so my password and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BDSF, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BDSF Win User

Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account

Hello,

I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop. When I went to link it to my microsoft account I found that in doing so my password and username would be changed. I do not want to change either. Is there any way to link to my microsoft account and keep using the password and username I currently have on my laptop?

Thanks

:)

2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Linking windows 10 computer to microsoft account - Similar Threads - Linking computer microsoft

2. unwanted Microsoft account linked on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unwanted Microsoft account linked on Windows 10: I've been using this current computer for a couple of months now without using a Microsoft account, simply because I don't see a need for it. My brother today asked me to download Minecraft, he already bought the game a few years ago, so I looked up where to install the...
  3. unwanted Microsoft account linked on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted Microsoft account linked on Windows 10: I've been using this current computer for a couple of months now without using a Microsoft account, simply because I don't see a need for it. My brother today asked me to download Minecraft, he already bought the game a few years ago, so I looked up where to install the...
  4. unwanted Microsoft account linked on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Linked Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linked Microsoft account: My laptop is dying, I've bought a new laptop. Problem is, is that im in china, firstly does anyone know how to change the language, if possible. and secondly how do i find out what Microsoft account is connected to windows, so i can use the same account on my new laptop...
  6. Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Key Linked to Account, Selling Computer.: Hello, I had my Windows 10 product key linked to my Microsoft account and my computer was activated. I decided to sell the computer and did a complete wipe of everything. I believe that my computer was still activated when I sold it. When the person that bought it signs in...
  7. Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Unable to Link Microsoft Account in Windows 10: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Education Version 1903 OS build 18362.836. I am trying to reformat my SSD and re-install Windows in my PC. While attempting to link my Microsoft account, I noticed that the option was unavailable. Is there a way to link my account so that I...
  8. linking to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    linking to Microsoft account: I am new to Windows 10 pro version actually which came with a second-hand laptop which I purchased. The firm selling their older laptops had Windows 7 in place and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro before selling, I am using it now as the new owner and at the moment it works...
  9. Link a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link a microsoft account: How can I link my Microsoft (@hotmail.com) account to my Windows 10 computer without changing my current username and login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-a-microsoft-account/fa8d39bc-031f-4442-8abd-61e54604212d
  10. Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license: I have a retail version of Windows 7 Pro Some time ago i took advantage to upgrade my o/s to Windows 10 . I currently sign into PC with a microsoft account. Motherboard on PC may be giving up on me so I wish to replace it. I have done a bit of research and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pros and cons in linking windows 10 to microsoft account

2. how can i open my google account on mail this pc