Windows 10: Linking Windows 10 digital license?

Discus and support Linking Windows 10 digital license? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed and activated Windows 10. I also signed in with my Microsoft account to link the digital license. Later on there was a problem due to which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZinSizzlin, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Linking Windows 10 digital license?

I installed and activated Windows 10. I also signed in with my Microsoft account to link the digital license. Later on there was a problem due to which I had to re-install Windows. I did not sign in with my Microsoft account this time and only made a Local account. Windows got activated by itself probably because it had already registered my hardware from the previous installation.

My question: Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account?

Again a recap just to be clear:

• In my 1st installation of Windows, I signed in with my Microsoft account to link the digital license.

• In my 2nd installation of Windows, I did not sign in with my Microsoft account. I'm only using a Local account, and my Windows is already activated.

Does this mean that the digital license is no more linked to my Microsoft account on Microsoft servers? Do I need to sign in with my Microsoft account again in order to link the digital license?

submitted by /u/ZinSizzlin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZinSizzlin, Apr 5, 2021

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Linking Windows 10 digital license? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Linking Windows 10 digital license? :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Linking Windows 10 digital license?

Linking Windows 10 digital license to Microsoft account: Is the link permanent?

Linking to your Microsoft Account is more of a convenience when reactivating Windows 10 after a reinstallation or hardware change such as a hard disk.

It doesn't necessarily mean, you can easily transfer Windows 10 to another computer. Here is an explanation of how it works:

Learn more about how and if you can transfer your license:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Linking Windows 10 digital license?

1. Linking Windows 10 digital license? - Similar Threads - Linking digital license

2. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  3. Link digital license to different account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Link digital license to different account: Recently I made a new Microsoft e-mail address. How can I transfer the windows digital license from my old to my new Microsoft e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-digital-license-to-different-account/c703d1d0-a79d-4d3b-acf1-b6ab55b52b83
  4. Link digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  6. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  7. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  9. Is Digital License linked with product key?

Is Digital License linked with product key?: Hello, I have question: Does digital key is somehow linked with product key? like with product key ID or activation server?Or do I get brand new activation? Thanks for helping....
  10. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License: How to: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License How to Link Microsoft Account to Digital License for Windows 10 Activation Starting with Activation troubleshooter if you make a hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard. There is not a...