Windows 10: Links cause tabs to multiply!!!!

Discus and support Links cause tabs to multiply!!!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! Hope someone knows what is causing my newly experienced problem. I believe it's only been the last few days 22-24th of June where I noticed while... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by normajeans, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Links cause tabs to multiply!!!!

Hi!

Hope someone knows what is causing my newly experienced problem. I believe it's only been the last few days 22-24th of June where I noticed while on a couple of sites when having to click on a link for help, etc., as usual a tab opens. However on the last few clicked on links, it began constantly repeating opening tabs, within 2,3 seconds there were 48! It wouldn't respond to any keys so I had to shut it down. In order for me to avoid having to delete all these tabs, I went into options and changed saving last opened tabs history to NOT saving and turned off & restarted laptop.

I have an HP Slate Windows10 64, problem occurred in IE and Firefox while on sites that were supposedly extremely safe, i.e., Government Site, Microsoft, HP and seems as if it was when I clicked on a link for some type of help/assistance is when the tabs reproducing began.

I looked over the security programs installed, everything is up to date, no sign of threats.

Anybody else have something similar happen with their system recently? Viral or otherwise?

Thank you in advance.

:)

normajeans, Jun 25, 2020
  2. skiahh Win User

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

skiahh, Jun 25, 2020
  3. MT Alex Win User
    IE9 Tabs/links not working?

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that when you right click on a link and select "Open in new tab" a new tab comes up but not with the link?

MT Alex, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Links cause tabs to multiply!!!!

"Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "Whenever I click open link in new tab", are you referring of opening link in the new tab or clicking on link in a particular page to open in new tab?
    • When you say that "the link opens in a new tab but also in the page I'm on", is the link opens in the new tab near to the open websites?

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Links cause tabs to multiply!!!!

1. Links cause tabs to multiply!!!! - Similar Threads - Links cause tabs

2. Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied: As the title said, ever since i upgraded my windows to 11 it starts to have this bug where whenever i have a fullscreen video in chrome ex: youtube, twitch, etc and i pushing alt+tab after several time it will have this bug where the chrome window of that video will get...
  3. Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Alt+tab chrome fullscreen video window multiplied: As the title said, ever since i upgraded my windows to 11 it starts to have this bug where whenever i have a fullscreen video in chrome ex: youtube, twitch, etc and i pushing alt+tab after several time it will have this bug where the chrome window of that video will get...
  4. Multiplying Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiplying Virus: Hello!So basically a few days ago i was chilling, i had an update so i restarted my computer and as soon as i restarted and signed in, Windows Defender alerted me there's a powershell virus and some app or thing is using powershell to create malwareI used Microsoft Live Chat...
  5. Task Bar Multiplies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Multiplies: I started having this problem when I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 Pro. When browsing the internet or while using Windows media player the task bar will multiply covering the entire screen. The bottom task bar from the home screen is layered up and down...
  6. Task Bar Multiplies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Multiplies: I started having this problem when I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 Pro. When browsing the internet or while using Windows media player the task bar will multiply covering the entire screen. The bottom task bar from the home screen is layered up and down...
  7. 2004 Update causes fixed CPU Multiplier?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update causes fixed CPU Multiplier?: Hi, I updated several days ago and today I had some very weird issues (in general just being extremely slow after ~30 minutes) and couldn't diagnose any issue. CPU and RAM usage was fine. But what I did notice was that the CPU speed wasn't going down as it normally was. It...
  8. multiply monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiply monitors: I extended my monitor however the 2 monitor seems to be the default. How do I set my 1 monitor as the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiply-monitors/edc73764-1bb7-49b3-90fd-75ef77c9a5da
  9. Using multiply mointors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using multiply mointors: I just tonight added a second monitor to my laptop, my second one is my TV. After I got it all hooked up and settings worked out on my TV I realized I did not have a mouse or a way to operate the computer view on my TV. Meaning something was not right on my end. I know that I...
  10. Library folders multiply

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folders multiply: I've been experiencing a bug that makes Library folders appear multiple times in the navigation pane. It is obviously the same folder that is displayed many times and I can get rid of them if I refresh the navigation pane by hitting the F5 key. I've noticed that it happens...