Windows 10: Links documents in the cloud instead of the harddrive

Discus and support Links documents in the cloud instead of the harddrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi When I press Windows+Tab on the keyboard I get recents apps and documents. The problem is, that all the documents are linked to the cloud, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ole_Frehr, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Ole_Frehr Win User

Links documents in the cloud instead of the harddrive

Hi

When I press Windows+Tab on the keyboard I get recents apps and documents.

The problem is, that all the documents are linked to the cloud, like d.docs.live.net instead of C:/onedrive/...

When I press a recent document, a browser opens the document in Word Online - in the browser and not in the Word app as it should.

I have tried to change the settings in Word Save to this computer as default, but with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

-Ole

:)

Ole_Frehr, Feb 24, 2020
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Links in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that links created in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to Web. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you click on the links in Open Office document?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Which browser are you using as default?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the articles on
    Using hyperlinks
    and
    Hyperlinks and URLs
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to try resetting the file association for HTTP and HTTPS files to default and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Default apps
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by protocol.
    4. Look for HTTP and HTTPS in the list and makes sure that the protocols are associated with
      Internet Explorer.
    5. If you do not see Internet Explorer associated, click on the application name and select
      Internet Explorer from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Links documents in the cloud instead of the harddrive

OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Links documents in the cloud instead of the harddrive

1. Links documents in the cloud instead of the harddrive - Similar Threads - Links documents cloud

2. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  3. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  4. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents linked with desktop?

Documents linked with desktop?: I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as well, so now my desktop displays the contents in my documents folder. Deleting items on my desktop deletes items from my...
  6. documents linked with dekstop?

documents linked with dekstop?: I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as well, so now my desktop displays the contents in my documents folder. Deleting items on my desktop deletes items from my...
  7. Sync document files to the Cloud

Sync document files to the Cloud: I just purchased a new laptop with windows 10 and and in the process of transferring documents to the new pc. I have the all the files I want under the document file and have copied them to the one drive on the new pc.. However, I can't get them to sync. The copies that are...
  8. Linking documents in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  9. Linking documents in word

in Windows 10 Support
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  10. Document Link and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Link and OneDrive: The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks alan 8873