Windows 10: Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie

Discus and support Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. Recently, I updated Sanboxie from version 5.26 to 5.28. As soon as I did, when I clicked on a link in a sandboxed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phrab, Mar 10, 2019.

1. phrab Win User

Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie

I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. Recently, I updated Sanboxie from version 5.26 to 5.28. As soon as I did, when I clicked on a link in a sandboxed Thunderbird email, I got the message that I attached below. Several people at the Sandboxie forum said they had the same problem until they updated to 1809. Note: if Thunderbird is used outside of Sanboxie, there is no problem.

I went back to Sandboxie 5.26 & thought that fixed the problem. However, ocassionally, the problem returns. If I either reboot or log out & then login again, the problem goes away...at least temporarily.

1. Does anyone know what could cause this or how I could track it down?
    2. Is it safe to update to version 1809, which hasn't been offered to me by Windows Update yet?

Thanks in advance,

Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie [​IMG]

:)

phrab, Mar 10, 2019

2. Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Hope it helps, it did me.

My default browser is Chrome, but I do use Firefox and IE.

I am sure that the Sandboxie configuration fix is exclusive to Keyscrambler and does not include any browser reference. It worked immediately with Sandboxied Chrome, Firefox and IE.

So it should work OK with any other browser that Sandboxie is compatible for use with.

It may be that this fix is only needed when Sandboxie is already installed and KS is added afterwards. If KS is already installed and Sandboxie is added afterwards, then the Sandboxie installation wizard should pick up KS as an inherent program and include it in the configuration list. If so, this fix would not be needed.

Bald Eagle, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Keyscrambler and Sandboxie

Many users including me have found that the new version of Keyscrambler Personal - Free edition 3.1.0.0 for IE, Firefox and now Chrome does not work when the browsers are opened with Sandboxie. This easy fix is how to cure the problem.

Download Keyscrambler Personal - Free to your Desktop from Download KeyScrambler or some other reputable site. Do not download with a Sandboxied browser.

Go through the wizard and select your preferences. I suggest you choose the tray icon and for the program to start with Windows opening. You will have to reboot when finished.

KS will then work perfectly with IE, Firefox and Chrome unsandboxied, but will not work with the browsers Sandboxied.

Now follow this :-

Open Sandboxie Control. Then -
    Sandbox>Defaultbox>Sandbox Settings>Resourse Access-expand>IPC Access-expand>Direct Access>ADD (2 items) as under.

In panel Add Resource Name - add both these in turn, copy/paste using CNTRL+C for copy and CNTRL+V for paste :-

Add>\RPC Control\KSControlEp.Default*>OK - then :-
    Add>BaseNamedObjects*\KSSettingsEvent*>OK - then :-
    Click OK at bottom of Control Panel.

Open browsers with Sandboxie. The KS icon should show in the tray.
    Orange = not active but ON, Green = active, Black animated = traffic, Red = OFF - RT click, select KS ON.

Browsers IE, Firefox and Chrome opened with Sandboxie will now have KS working perfectly.
    This procedure should work with the paid versions of KS.

All done.

Bald Eagle, Mar 10, 2019
  4. comerjoe Win User

Sandboxie

Since changing to Microsoft 10, I am unable to use sandboxie. Any advice?

comerjoe, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie - Similar Threads - Links don't Thunderbird

2. Windows Spotlight links don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight links don't work: Hi! My Windows Spotlight for lock screen works changes pictures but I can't see links Like what you see and etc.. What is solution? Thanks! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-links-dont-work/ea389998-7d17-45af-bf80-2230639eb260
  3. Windows Spotlight links don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight links don't work: Hi! My Windows Spotlight for lock screen works changes pictures but I can't see links Like what you see and etc.. What is solution? Thanks! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-links-dont-work/ea389998-7d17-45af-bf80-2230639eb260
  4. Windows Spotlight links don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Mail links don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail links don't work: A few days ago, Windows Mail links stopped working. The links themselves are fine and correct as I can copy a link and paste it in any browser and it resolves correctly. I tried a suggestion I had read earlier where I removed a mail account and re-added it, but that didn't...
  6. Using Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  7. Using Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  8. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  9. Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie

in Browsers and Email
    Links don't work when Thunderbird is used with Sandboxie: I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. Recently, I updated Sanboxie from version 5.26 to 5.28. As soon as I did, when I clicked on a link in a sandboxed Thunderbird email, I got the message that I attached below. Several people at the Sandboxie forum said they had the same...
  10. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit. There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit. Have no idea what to replace it with. Some sites for supposedly sandboxie type programs come with ready made viruses.*Sad 2889