Windows 10: Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

Discus and support Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EZE_Link, Sep 19, 2019.

1. EZE_Link Win User

Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

Hello,

I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she get's denied. Is there a way to allow all links within a website to be accessed?

***Original title: Approved Website***

:)

EZE_Link, Sep 19, 2019
  2. JerryGfan Win User

Blocking websites under child user accounts

I have set up child accounts for my kids on my Windows 10 machine. There's only a short list of websites I'd like them to be able to visit, and I've added those sites to the "Always allow these" list. Is there a way to block all other sites except the
    ones I've listed? If not, what's the point of having an allowed list?

Also, is there a way to copy the settings from one child to another? Or do I have to go through the entire process for each child account?

JerryGfan, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User

Hello Jenn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I know how this concerns you and I’ll help you out with this issue.

I would like to inform you that, you can set up web browsing limits so they can only visit a small number of sites that you specifically allowed.

To set up web browsing limits

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website
    • Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.
    • Select Web browsing, and switch Block inappropriate websites from
      Off to On. Now, adult content is blocked and
      SafeSearch is on when your child uses the most common search engines.
    • If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed, check the box next to
      Only see websites on the allowed list.
    To allow or block specific websites

• Sign in to
    • Select Web browsing.
    • To add a site to their allow list, go to Always allow these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to allow.
    • To add a site to their block list, go to Always block these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to block.
    Hope it helps. Reply with results to help you further.

Arul_D, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I know how this concerns you and I’ll help you out with this issue.

I would like to inform you that, you can set up web browsing limits so they can only visit a small number of sites that you specifically allowed.

To set up web browsing limits

• Sign in to
    • Select Web browsing, and switch Block inappropriate websites from
      Off to On. Now, adult content is blocked and
      SafeSearch is on when your child uses the most common search engines.
    • If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed, check the box next to
      Only see websites on the allowed list.
    To allow or block specific websites

• Sign in to
    • Select Web browsing.
    • To add a site to their allow list, go to Always allow these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to allow.
    • To add a site to their block list, go to Always block these and enter the
      URL of a website you want to block.
    Hope it helps. Reply with results to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

1. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account - Similar Threads - Links Allowed websites

2. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking websites under child user accounts with regex: Hi, I want to whitelist all URLS that contains the edu.gr If regex was supported I would write *edu.gr* But I cannot add this setting to my child Is it somehow possible?...
  5. Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed

Microsoft Family Not Blocking Entire Website If Specific Links Allowed: I have a problem now which seemed to work before. I have blocked YouTube.com from my child’s account and disabled all other browsers except Microsoft Edge. Due to his school assignments, from time to time he needs to be able to watch specific educational videos. What...
  6. allowing firefox on childs account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing firefox on childs account: my child gets the ask an adult for permission sign every time she tries to use firefox. i get teh email request and give permission but she still cant use it. how do i set it up where she can use firefox?...
  7. Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...: The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids' accounts in Microsoft Family. It let me remove a handful of sites from the list, but there are 10 or so that clicking the "remove"...
  8. Child Account Allowed websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child Account Allowed websites: I have successfully set up my child's account with a number of allowed websites. for expample, one of them is a school resource and he can login to the main page OK. However, if he clicks on any links within that website, he is blocked and has to ask for permission to view...
  9. "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child: I asked this question and got no solution yet. Can someone from microsoft support please help me with this. Here is the post of my original post, as its locked now, not able to reply there so writing new question here....
  10. Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...: The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids' accounts in Microsoft Family. It let me remove a handful of sites from the list, but there are 10 or so that clicking the "remove"...