Windows 10: Links in email won't open.

Discus and support Links in email won't open. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Links in email won't open. I have the latest Windows 10 update installed. I tried changing default browsers to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ron_5046, May 18, 2020.

1. Ron_5046 Win User

Links in email won't open.

Links in email won't open. I have the latest Windows 10 update installed. I tried changing default browsers to no avail.

:)

Ron_5046, May 18, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to open links in emails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links from emails. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which email client are you using to access your emails i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail?
    • Were you able to open links from emails earlier?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to try changing the Default web browser and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Change default programs in Windows 10

If you are facing this issue in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 18, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Links in email won't open. - Similar Threads - Links email won't

2. Links won't open external apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links won't open external apps: Ok so, I was trying to download a Logitech mic preset from the Logitech G HUB app, it'd open a link on my browser, saying the application was launching, but it doesn't open it, it would even give me the "This site is trying to open LGHUB", I'd click open, nothing. I've tried...
  3. links in emails won´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    links in emails won´t open: Good morning, Since a few weeks I can´t open links in emails anymore and I get presented with the following error message:How can I solve this? I work with office 365 for business as part of my company´s account and with this I can open the links no problem. But my personal...
  4. Outlook Emails Won't Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Emails Won't Open: Hello, For the past month, every time I click on an email in Outlook to open it the email will not open and I get the following error: " Your message cannot be displayed right now". I am currently using a MacBook Air on Safari and have tried several other browsers with no...
  5. Links won't open through email in mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links won't open through email in mail app: Since a recent update I can no longer open any links provided in any email I get. I've had to right click and copy link to another browser to open it instead. How can I fix this? This only happens on my laptop and not on phone....
  6. Email Problem "unable to open" link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email Problem "unable to open" link: Just back from 2 week vacation and every time I try to open an email link I get "unable to open" followed by the path info. What's happening? I can't find a solution? Can anyone help? Thanks...
  7. email link not opening

in Browsers and Email
    email link not opening: I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook. When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers like a code(see screenshot)but when I click on them nothing happens,I have to close the email programme to read them on the...
  8. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  9. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  10. Difficulty opening links in emails..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty opening links in emails..: When I click on links in emails I'm taken to a grey coloured page with a small "e" in the centre and then to a hyperlink and a box that says "waiting for response" however bo response comes. This is not how my email usually works. I'm appreciative of any help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperlinks wont open in email