Windows 10: links in emails won´t open

Discus and support links in emails won´t open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, Since a few weeks I can´t open links in emails anymore and I get presented with the following error message:How can I solve this? I work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BardVos_977, Jun 23, 2021.

1. links in emails won´t open

Good morning, Since a few weeks I can´t open links in emails anymore and I get presented with the following error message:How can I solve this? I work with office 365 for business as part of my company´s account and with this I can open the links no problem. But my personal emails, which I receive in the Mail App from Windows 10, the links don´t work.Thanks, Bard

:)

BardVos_977, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to open links in emails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links from emails. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which email client are you using to access your emails i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail?
    • Were you able to open links from emails earlier?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to try changing the Default web browser and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Change default programs in Windows 10

If you are facing this issue in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 23, 2021
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 23, 2021
  4. tops Win User

links in emails won´t open

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

links in emails won´t open

1. links in emails won´t open - Similar Threads - links emails won´t

2. Phone Link won´t let me select iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link won´t let me select iPhone: Hi, I am trying to pair my iPhone with Phone Link, however, when starting the Phone Link app it wont let me select from Android or iPhone, it will just automatically pick up Android for no reason, can anyone help me with that? I´ve been trying for hours...
  3. Phone Link won´t let me select iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link won´t let me select iPhone: Hi, I am trying to pair my iPhone with Phone Link, however, when starting the Phone Link app it wont let me select from Android or iPhone, it will just automatically pick up Android for no reason, can anyone help me with that? I´ve been trying for hours...
  4. Start menu and more won´t open

Start menu and more won´t open: When I click Star menu, clock, volume or other, the windows doesn't open.If I try open start, 4 errors occur in system log:- <EventData> <Data Name="param1">Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.22000.37_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data> </EventData>-...
  5. Start menu and more won´t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and more won´t open: When I click Star menu, clock, volume or other, the windows doesn't open.If I try open start, 4 errors occur in system log:- <EventData> <Data Name="param1">Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.22000.37_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data> </EventData>-...
  6. PC Health Check app won´t open

PC Health Check app won´t open: Every time i want to start the app, it shows the windows on the pictures for one second but nothing happens. Yesterday it worked fine. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but nothing helps. Any ideas?My system:Windows 10 Pro 20H216 gb RamAMD Ryzen 5 2600A320M-S2H...
  7. Camera won´t work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera won´t work: Hi, I can´t get my camera to record or take pictures. It doesn´t work in the camera app nor in Google Meet - the light next to the camera is on, but the screen just shows a crossed out camera.. I´ve tried restarting the camera app, and uninstalling and reinstalling it +...
  8. Applications won`t maximize

Applications won`t maximize: Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks...
  9. Microsoft store is greyed out and won´t open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store is greyed out and won´t open.: [ATTACH] Hi, so i have this bug and don´t know what to do nor how i triggered it, i tried everything but nothing works. Help me please. (sorry for bad english) (pic of the ms store icon)...
  10. battery won"t charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery won"t charge: Lap top has been sitting a while and not used. When get got it out and started to charge everything seemed fine. However, I was hooked up to the charging cable. When I shut down the computer and later tried to turn on, there was no charge on lap top. I'm not sure what to...